John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Great game. He was my MOTM. The formation and tactical changed helped him I believe. I loved the commitment, JM fought hard for those three points. I love to see midfielders tracking back and successfully winning the ball back with high energy & aggression.  We all want a consistent John McGinn though,  not 1 good performance out of 5. We need to find a system that accentuates his strengths, not limits them. More of the same now!

Kept things simple. Used his body really well, was strong with and without the ball and drove us forward so we’ll. man if the match by a mile and, most critically, he played so well for the whole 90 mins. 

None of the above has been evident enough all season. His inconsistency has been frustrating this season but today he showed how good he can be. Controlled out play and tempo a lot today as well. Really good to see. 

• Like 1

Perhaps time to play him in the Luiz role and be under instruction to keep it simple? That way Sanson can be given a game? 

I thought he was excellent yesterday but this has happened a lot over the last couple of seasons. One very good performance followed by a couple of poor ones. 

Â