John McGinn

PompeyVillan

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Very much think it's a collective issue we are having but that said he feels like the weakest link atm.

We are so easy to set up against. Him playing on the right of a midfield 3 just slows everything down. I think Jacob and McGinn need to swap positions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We are so easy to set up against. Him playing on the right of a midfield 3 just slows everything down. I think Jacob and McGinn need to swap positions. 

I'd use him as a second half sub, possibly for either Buendia or Coutinho to bring some energy and hustle. 

Having him in the midfield 3 is not working atm but Gerrard just like Smith seem to have no faith in Sanson so not sure what to do.

45 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Would take £20m for him easy

Think we can get more than that, but if we survive this season we should sell if someone's interested. Yes, he's an 'iconic' player for us but I think he's one to sell before he just goes completely stale. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Other than shit balls over the top, flying into tackles, giving the ball away needlessly. I'm struggling to see any positives with McGinn. Dreadful tbh.....If he was a horse you'd shoot him for being lame.

I am sick to death of those balls he floats over the top. He must genuinely think he's good at them. Then again, he can't do the intricate stuff so I suppose he has to do something...but it's just nowhere near good enough.

• Like 1

Â