John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I thought he was watching his diet. Looks really chunky again to me. God awful today, seems to go completely off the boil as soon as he starts getting plaudits and linked with a move

He knows SG won't start anyone ahead of him so the donuts are back in the diet

3 minutes ago, JB said:

Worst game he’s had for us. 

Not even worst this season. Don't forget Newcastle last year where he couldn't be arsed to close down a full back in a dangerous position in the 95th minute. They scored from the cross. 

He's a lazy git and he tricks people into thinking he works hard because he flies into challenges and occasionally does a really long press out of position where the team would be better served with shorter mroe Conservative team presses. 

Looks good because he runs around at 100mph a few times a game like a headless chicken but how many top players do that? Plays too many long balls for me and I don't think he's as good as receiving and keeping the ball as Luiz and Ramsey, I'd argue he's the weak link in the style we are trying to play. He's better in the big games when we don't have the ball, said that for a while. If we want to progress we need a midfield 3 that can control the game, I think he just makes it more chaotic.

• Like 1

We can’t sell all of our players but is it time for him to move on?

I’m not trying to be knee jerk but are we ever going to properly improve with him in the side? 

Im genuinely asking the question. He can be fantastic on occasions but they just seem so few and far between. 

Have we outgrown him or vice versa? 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We can’t sell all of our players but is it time for him to move on?

I’m not trying to be knee jerk but are we ever going to properly improve with him in the side? 

Im genuinely asking the question. He can be fantastic on occasions but they just seem so few and far between. 

Have we outgrown him or vice versa? 

Outgrown him.  Question is who replaces him?  I’d take £50M of anyone’s money for him.  Everyone loves a trier though, but we need more!

Â