John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Hate to be a negative nelly, but I thought he had an off day today. 

He put a shift in and got better as the game went on. But I felt he lost most of the 50/50 tackles he was involved with today.

Just an off day I think. Still a tryer. 

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

He put a shift in and got better as the game went on. But I felt he lost most of the 50/50 tackles he was involved with today.

I just got home from the match and I have to say I thought he was superb! Didn't stop running, tracking and closing down. Your standards must be higher than mine lol.

• Like 1

Just now, daggy_333 said:

I just got home from the match and I have to say I thought he was superb! Didn't stop running, tracking and closing down. Your standards must be higher than mine lol.

Haha fair enough.

Like I say, he put a shift in. Didn’t shirk responsibility or anything. But there were a few challenges where he  seemed to lose out too easily and a few misplaced passes.

It's becoming routine that he's comfortably our second best player behind Grealish.

Wished he'd have shot with that chance instead of laying it off for Hourihane to float over.

I missed the chance at the start a few have mentioned. Disappointing if he's pulled a Kodj special.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He didn't, he played through the middle - Elmohamady was on the right.

On the right side of the middle usually is where I saw him. Hourihane was on the left.

But ok, maybe he was in the middle, just drifted when I saw him.

38 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Which game were you at? I was at Villa v Reading, assume you must have been somewhere else? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

On the right side of the middle usually is where I saw him. Hourihane was on the left.

But ok, maybe he was in the middle, just drifted when I saw him.

I may be misunderstanding - you mean on the right hand side of the central two rather than down the right hand side?

Midfield was  

Elmohamady--------McGinn--------Grealish/Hourihane-----------El Ghazi/Adomah

With Bjarnason behind them.

I'd disagree with those that felt he underperformed today, I thought he was our best player and at times he looked like the only one who played the game as if it wasn't a friendly.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He doesnt  like to take a shit which is abit annoying. 

? Sorry for being childish, I am 42 years old and should know better by now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I may be misunderstanding - you mean on the right hand side of the central two rather than down the right hand side?

Midfield was  

Elmohamady--------McGinn--------Grealish/Hourihane-----------El Ghazi/Adomah

With Bjarnason behind them.

I'd disagree with those that felt he underperformed today, I thought he was our best player and at times he looked like the only one who played the game as if it wasn't a friendly.

Yes, that's what I meant. He is left-footed and struggled sometimes. I felt he should've switched with Hourihane.

• Like 2

Â