John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He might even become a right back if he is lucky

Apparently there's nothing wrong with being versatile :trollface:

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ruined his confidence which will have been shot to pieces by now.

Again, not one of his type of signings.

I don’t agree, being played when not fully fit won’t kill a players confidence. Just set them back in terms of fitness.

He's been at Villa one month today and we've already made him a shadow of his former self... thats impressive even for us!

On the plus he was carrying a knock last game which he should now have shaken off. I think he would suit playing next to Hourihane over a DM as tracking players back isn't one of his strong points. Box to box and getting tackles in he is superb at.

Starts again for Scotland tonight against Albania in the nations league. Should be an easier night than against Belgium i guess.

9/2 to score anytime on skybet priceboost if anyone fancies it which is somehow actually better odds than mcginn to score & scotland to win (4/1)

Edited by LakotaDakota

playing very deep as DM, looks like he is under strict instructions not to enter the final 1/3 under any circumstances unless he is taking a corner.

Albania have had about 4 chances all game, McGinn has created 3 of those, with a terrible pass under no pressure to one of their forwards, completely underpowered backpass to keeper leading to 1 on 1 sprint between keeper & forward just outside of the box & got done in midfield then just stood there watching rather than chasing as the opponent sped off and fluffed a shot.

Has also passed to nobody at all a couple of times and given the ball away several more.

Other than that he's been ok

24 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

playing very deep as DM, looks like he is under strict instructions not to enter the final 1/3 under any circumstances unless he is taking a corner.

Albania have had about 4 chances all game, McGinn has created 3 of those, with a terrible pass under no pressure to one of their forwards, completely underpowered backpass to keeper leading to 1 on 1 sprint between keeper & forward just outside of the box & got done in midfield then just stood there watching rather than chasing as the opponent sped off and fluffed a shot.

Has also passed to nobody at all a couple of times and given the ball away several more.

Other than that he's been ok

Funny how we all see games differently. I have him down as motm. 

Â