John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Mid table player at best.

Just my opinion. I think he is highly overrated in here.

That being said i still like him. Just don't think he should be a starter.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I laid off him as many thought he was great against Leeds and we won but I didn't. 

Tonight again very poor.

For me he's a Championship or bottom-level PL player. Tonight against the team bottom of the league he still cannot influence the game, he is too slow, weak, gives the ball away and his passing is inconsistent. McGinn saw a lot of the ball late in the game and really struggled to play anything worthwhile.

He's a limited player who IS holding us back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, andym said:

Had McGoldrick run right past him into the box for the goal

Either go with him or make sure the defence know you are passing him on

He did neither

Mcginn was bad for the goal but all the blame goes to Elmo( unless your sure there is nobody behind you ) you have to play the ball not leave and hope nobody's there

28 minutes ago, andym said:

Had McGoldrick run right past him into the box for the goal

Either go with him or make sure the defence know you are passing him on

He did neither

Yeah - he messed up for it. I do wonder whether he's the answer going forward. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He's great on his day, has streaks of great form, but then has even longer streaks of average/kinda poor-ish performances with occasional bright sparks, such as a great long pass. 

He's hardly ever terrible though and I like him overall. 

His crossing tonight was dreadful, but so was everybody else's. It's as if we were playing with a lighter ball than usual. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Phew thats good,  are we not a midtable team

Edited by Zatman

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I laid off him as many thought he was great against Leeds and we won but I didn't. 

Tonight again very poor.

For me he's a Championship or bottom-level PL player. Tonight against the team bottom of the league he still cannot influence the game, he is too slow, weak, gives the ball away and his passing is inconsistent. McGinn saw a lot of the ball late in the game and really struggled to play anything worthwhile.

He's a limited player who IS holding us back. 

Agreed. Great guy and all that but how many of the top 10 would he be starting at?

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

I always think McGinn plays better than the reactions on here. Wonder whether its sentiment and I want him to be better. Again I thought he was one of our better players tonight, which wasnt difficult.

Not at his best last night but was comfortably our best midfielder IMO. Not sure if it's because he's set such high standards previously, but he does seem to be judged more harshly than others 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not at his best last night but was comfortably our best midfielder IMO. Not sure if it's because he's set such high standards previously, but he does seem to be judged more harshly than others 

I think thats it. For me hes the only one of the midfield trying to make things happen

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch, let down by the lack of creativity and the tactics during the game.

Crazy that Saturday he was heralded as being a vital part of the engine that beat Leeds and last night people are calling him to be sold.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch, let down by the lack of creativity and the tactics during the game.

Crazy that Saturday he was heralded as being a vital part of the engine that beat Leeds and last night people are calling him to be sold.

Wasnt any worse  last night but we lost a game we should have won. 

Â