Time for a takeover

Jareth

I would like to see someone attack this japanese knotweed equivalent called FFP.....and then Richards and McCormack.

it is clearly hampering our progress.

There must be way of circumnavigating this nightmare.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would like to see someone attack this japanese knotweed equivalent called FFP.....and then Richards and McCormack.

it is clearly hampering our progress.

There must be way of circumnavigating this nightmare.

This. As others have mentioned, FFP seems like a "safeguarding" plan put in place by the richest clubs to stop another Man City. Nothing about FFP will stop another Portsmouth from happening, as we have come pretty close to demonstrating this year.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This. As others have mentioned, FFP seems like a "safeguarding" plan put in place by the richest clubs to stop another Man City. Nothing about FFP will stop another Portsmouth from happening, as we have come pretty close to demonstrating this year.

As a few have mentioned FFP seems to be more of a convenient excuse for dodgy owners that have no money or do not want to spend than an actual hindrance. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

All it means is it takes longer to join the elite now.  It can't be done over night.  It's not like we'll spend 70 mil on a superstar like man city did with robinho. And I know he didn't cost that much but he would today. 

I'm sure there are ways to overcome FFP restrictions quicker than the normal route and these guys will know some tricks on how to maximise what is possible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I'm sure there are ways to overcome FFP restrictions quicker than the normal route and these guys will know some tricks on how to maximise what is possible. 

For sure - they are expert problem solvers, you don't get filthy rich taking no for an answer. I reckon they've been doing their homework for a while, we're just lucky that our profile and our price was all right at the right time. I am getting carried away based on nothing more than the facts so far - so I will temper all that with saying actions speak louder than words (sorry Tony) so let's see what unfolds after Bruce's next meeting...

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

All it means is it takes longer to join the elite now.  It can't be done over night.  It's not like we'll spend 70 mil on a superstar like man city did with robinho. And I know he didn't cost that much but he would today. 

In a sense this might actually be good for us.

We have had too many EXTREME highs and EXTREME lows which have simply papered over cracks one way or another.

Building intelligently, steadily, and establishing a strong foundation is the way forward.

When we get up their we should already have a spine, a system and not a yo yo club.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Offer McCormack to clubs for 2m and Richards as a free. If we get rid of those two clowns that will be a start.

I don't think that helps though, I think the money we lost on them goes down as a minus on our accounts? I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

I don't think that helps though, I think the money we lost on them goes down as a minus on our accounts? I could be wrong. 

I could also be wrong but I think their value on the book reduces as their contracts wind down, like depreciation on an asset. So McCormack would probably be valued at a third/quarter of his original transfer/signing on fee. Wages and bonuses may also be accounted for, as they would be due to be paid up if sold unwillingly.

I am not sure how they would value Richards though, given he arrived in a free. Maybe just his signing in fees and wages.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dick said:

We didn't buy Richards, so he'd be irrelevant.  McCormack would be a loss, though - and a massive one at that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Just take the hit on both and feck them off.  Let's hope we finally learn the lesson from signings like these.

Think if it was that simple it would have already been done mate.

I'm guessing even losing them at a huge loss affect FFP.

Due to bought "value" etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Offer McCormack to clubs for 2m and Richards as a free. If we get rid of those two clowns that will be a start.

I fully expect that's exactly what we've been doing for the last 12 months. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its wages though. Nobody will touch them. Loans are only hope and we still covering wages

Just been having a read of your take over and must say it has come at just the right time with your circumstances. I’m sure now you should be able to stabilise your club and make a decent fist of it next season . Ffp will still play a major part with you being able to invest so please don’t become delusional on the signings you will think you’re going make else some of you could be in for a huge surprise . Good luck for the season and hopefully you eventually rise out from beneath the wolves shadow in the coming years as there’s new  a top midlands team on the block . :) up the wolves 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Just been having a read of your take over and must say it has come at just the right time with your circumstances. I’m sure now you should be able to stabilise your club and make a decent fist of it next season . Ffp will still play a major part with you being able to invest so please don’t become delusional on the signings you will think you’re going make else some of you could be in for a huge surprise . Good luck for the season and hopefully you eventually rise out from beneath the wolves shadow in the coming years as there’s new  a top midlands team on the block . :) up the wolves 

I live in the black country so used to work with some wolves fans. The last time they were in the PL they all, very seriously declared that wolves were the biggest club in the Midlands. 

The most delusional set of fans in the country. Infact, your name isn't Danny is it mush? 

Â