Time for a takeover

Jareth

59 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Any ideas as to what happens to the £30m? 

Dose it go to the club coffers or Tonys pocket? 

I'm curious. Have you ever sold something of yours and then left the money inside that thing for the buyer?

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

1) It's not going into admin, the point was why would you sell a stake in a club that is going places. 

2) You suggested - Once they're in and get the villa 'bug' They'll offer him a sweetener and he'll duly be off. He's no more than a doorstop now and brings nothing to the party. - Why would he accept anything other than the value of his stake, why would you do that?

I'm obviously only guessing here. But I got the impression that Xia was running out of time, had to sell and therefore wasn't in the best bargaining position. The new owners seem to be shrewd businessmen. Why would they - who are the ones that are going to fund the club from now on - give the minority owner a free ride with their money and let him sell his shares at his own discretion. And why would the new owners let him have 45% of the shares and let him be one of the board members on unlimited time, letting him have a huge influence of what happens with the new owners money, especially after previously having run the club to rock bottom. My guess would be that the new owners have an option to buy Xia out in x amount of time with the price being set already with add ons if we are promoted. 

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Well there was one guy on Twitter who had his number from the start.  Can’t mind who it was but Tony actually responded to him.

It was Matt Scott I believe who constantly called his financial position into question on Talksport and Twitter.

15 hours ago, Wolf man said:

Just been having a read of your take over and must say it has come at just the right time with your circumstances. I’m sure now you should be able to stabilise your club and make a decent fist of it next season . Ffp will still play a major part with you being able to invest so please don’t become delusional on the signings you will think you’re going make else some of you could be in for a huge surprise . Good luck for the season and hopefully you eventually rise out from beneath the wolves shadow in the coming years as there’s new  a top midlands team on the block . :) up the wolves 

Every dog has his day......or should I say Wolf.

We have just witnessed the shenanigans of Chinese owners, so enjoy your day in the Sun.

We are coming to get you.

• Like 2

Hopefully get some more statements today.  I would expect a new CEO to be appointed almost immediately, they will surely have had someone lined up.  Maybe a hotshot manager from Adidas?  

Maybe a little too early today but IU would also expect to hear more about their intentions - which paper will be the first to get the big interview?   I bet they are all gagging for it.  My money is on Wes Edens doing most of the presswork as by all accounts Sawiris is a very private man.

who remembers that horrible TV interview with Randy in the early days where he barely looked at the interviewer or the camera?

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'll be honest, if someone was interviewing a camera, I don't think I'd know where to look either.

Fixed now smartass :P

• Haha 1

It appears to me quite clever, what they have done in so much as opposed to a takeover, where a long drawn out due diligence procedure could take place and more importantly probably necessary.....they have jumped in to the camp with an (significant to us, but modest to them) investment that gives them license to have a look around, turn a few stones up to see whats under there open a few cupboards and have a proper look around.

A much clearer position from the inside than the outside.

In the meantime, this gives them a proper handle on how Xia has been running things, my guess is they will be working to a plan that works Xia out of the business on their terms and not his.....and at the same time see the warts 'n all of the business.

The full takeover will then happen in due course.....provided there are no skeletons they can't deal with.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

It appears to me quite clever, what they have done in so much as opposed to a takeover, where a long drawn out due diligence procedure could take place and more importantly probably necessary.....they have jumped in to the camp with an (significant to us, but modest to them) investment that gives them license to have a look around, turn a few stones up to see whats under there open a few cupboards and have a proper look around.

A much clearer position from the inside than the outside.

In the meantime, this gives them a proper handle on how Xia has been running things, my guess is they will be working to a plan that works Xia out of the business on their terms and not his.....and at the same time see the warts 'n all of the business.

The full takeover will then happen in due course.....provided there are no skeletons they can't deal with.

They have been doing due diligence for the past two weeks and they have had access to the data room (common term when takeovers happen) for probably a week. That is enough time to get a team of people to go through the finances in enough detail to make an informed decision. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Well there was one guy on Twitter who had his number from the start.  Can’t mind who it was but Tony actually responded to him.

Matt Scott. He's on Talksport today talking Villa at 12:30

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

1) It's not going into admin, the point was why would you sell a stake in a club that is going places. 

2) You suggested - Once they're in and get the villa 'bug' They'll offer him a sweetener and he'll duly be off. He's no more than a doorstop now and brings nothing to the party. - Why would he accept anything other than the value of his stake, why would you do that?

13) Hate was the wrong word - scuze.

1) It was going into Admin had a deal not been done Friday. (I don't get what you're really saying in point 1)

2) Yes I did say that and you duly interpreted it how you did. A 'sweetener' would be considered by most as a good thing and that's how I meant it. Offer him enough to entice him to sell. You took it to mean something bad as your next line was I hate Xia. You really ought to ask for clarification over assuming. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

For me this takeover will purely be a numbers and money game ( a vitally important one at that) as in making sure we survive and can pay the bills until I see what people the start bringing in and what people they replace.

If they "just" keep funding us to do more of the same then fine, at least we survive.

But what I really want to see is us moving the a completely opposite direction in terms of football people,  scouting, manager, coaches and transfer strategy.

When I start seeing signs of this I'll start getting really excited about our new owners.

Until then it's more relief.

My feelings precisely. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm obviously only guessing here. But I got the impression that Xia was running out of time, had to sell and therefore wasn't in the best bargaining position. The new owners seem to be shrewd businessmen. Why would they - who are the ones that are going to fund the club from now on - give the minority owner a free ride with their money and let him sell his shares at his own discretion. And why would the new owners let him have 45% of the shares and let him be one of the board members on unlimited time, letting him have a huge influence of what happens with the new owners money, especially after previously having run the club to rock bottom. My guess would be that the new owners have an option to buy Xia out in x amount of time with the price being set already with add ons if we are promoted

They do, its at promotion. My point was if they wanted to, they could offer him more to get rid early (in plain English so there isn't any confusion) I'm also sure if they wanted to they could make it very known he has nothing to offer and will have no control and he may then want to leave early. There are all types of scenarios where by Xia goes. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

They have been doing due diligence for the past two weeks and they have had access to the data room (common term when takeovers happen) for probably a week. That is enough time to get a team of people to go through the finances in enough detail to make an informed decision. 

There are different levels to the data room too (for those that don't know) it sounds like a game ha!! Level 1 access would be for those submitting an Expression of interest which would in essence be a brief overview. I was privvy to a stage 1 set of info when RL sold. As Omariqy said these guys people have had a good look around, but yeah there is nothing like actually being on the inside and taking a proper look and talking to people. They'll learn loads in the days and weeks to come. 

• Like 1

Matt Scott on TalkSport now. Just talking about the new owners. Said they're a massive step in the right direction.

Said they're the third richest owners in English football and "rest assured they are very very proper business people".

Edited by Okonokos

Â