Time for a takeover

Jareth

I am genuinely excited to see what materialises in the coming weeks now. There is a lot of change about to happen I’m sure, and there is certainly a lot more positivity surrounding Villa now. 

Transfers, managers, football hierarchy all need sorting, and I’m sure we will hear more from the new owners this week. 

3rd time lucky for us and billionaire owners hopefully! ??

UTV!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wolf man said:

Just been having a read of your take over and must say it has come at just the right time with your circumstances. I’m sure now you should be able to stabilise your club and make a decent fist of it next season . Ffp will still play a major part with you being able to invest so please don’t become delusional on the signings you will think you’re going make else some of you could be in for a huge surprise . Good luck for the season and hopefully you eventually rise out from beneath the wolves shadow in the coming years as there’s new  a top midlands team on the block . :) up the wolves 

Do you think we have some sort of rivalry? I don't know any villa fan who really cares how your lot get on, the rivalries for me are between villa, blues and baggies. I understand you're a little bit excited you've finished above us for the first time in what must be around 30 years but we've never been competitive with each other in my life time. Enjoy your time in the prem but there's no Derby for you here, you've got West brom and that's about it. 

• Like 2

No doubt this has already been covered, but the thing that puzzles me is how apparently incompetent, penniless Dr Tony Xia can identify such apparently impressive, mega wealthy investors like the two who have just rocked up.

Of course it's still very early days, so everything could still turn to sh*t, but can't help thinking it all feels a bit Hollywood that we were saved with hours to spare.

Sign of these surreal times, perhaps... Unless of course they made the play proactively and always intended to buy someone. In that case, we have genuine cause for excitement, just struggling to believe it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No doubt this has already been covered, but the thing that puzzles me is how apparently incompetent, penniless Dr Tony Xia can identify such apparently impressive, mega wealthy investors like the two who have just rocked up.

Based on the Times article posted a couple pages back it doesn't seem like Xia did much.

Our new owners after watching England lose to Croatia decided to buy Villa and a week or so later here we are. All Xia had to do was respond when spoken to as their net worth was a Google search away unlike his..

I'd give more credit to Xia if he had gone out and found these two then sure, but they came to him after hatching out the plan to buy us. 

11 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Rich people get rich because they can sniff out good deals.

A cheap (relative) acquisition with PL pedigree. I give Xia very little credit for "identifying" our new owners. 

We were always a big opportunity for lot of investors.

I think Tony accepted this deal partly because he could see how having 45% of an asset in the hands of serious billionaires could one day turn a bigger profit than he would have had owning 100%. He won't sell that till we're in the prem. 

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think Tony accepted this deal partly because he could see how having 45% of an asset in the hands of serious billionaires could one day turn a bigger profit than he would have had owning 100%. He won't sell that till we're in the prem. 

I don't think that's his rationale at all. I think he was up shit streak and the only way a takeover could happen so quickly was by selling shares to a majority holder and that person will buy 100% once they get approval by the EFL. This time next year I seriously doubt Dr Tony will be with us. Would be surprised if he is at Christmas to be honest.

• Like 3

Just now, PieFacE said:

I don't think that's his rationale at all. I think he was up shit streak and the only way a takeover could happen so quickly was by selling shares to a majority holder and that person will buy 100% once they get approval by the EFL. This time next year I seriously doubt Dr Tony will be with us. Would be surprised if he is at Christmas to be honest.

Just guessing, but if it were my money I'd hang on and see what these guys can do. Tony's a ghost right now whatever happens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Just guessing, but if it were my money I'd hang on and see what these guys can do. Tony's a ghost right now whatever happens. 

I would guess it's already out of his control and agreed. There's no reason for these guys to spend all their money and having Tony benefit from it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Based on the Times article posted a couple pages back it doesn't seem like Xia did much.

Our new owners after watching England lose to Croatia decided to buy Villa and a week or so later here we are. All Xia had to do was respond when spoken to as their net worth was a Google search away unlike his..

I'd give more credit to Xia if he had gone out and found these two then sure, but they came to him after hatching out the plan to buy us. 

I said yesterday that Xia didn't find them, they found him it and it was a couple of weeks in the works,  But yeah the Times piece states they knew each other and discussed it at the WC when at a conference.

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I would guess it's already out of his control and agreed. There's no reason for these guys to spend all their money and having Tony benefit from it.

Exactly. They only need Tony now because he's got the regulatory approval and they have not had time to do the proper due diligence. Once that is sorted they will buy him out for whatever they have agreed. 

Maybe Tony will get a bonus if they get promoted in 2 years like Randy. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

There is a clause where the two new guys can buy the rest when promoted, but I don't think it will take that long (far from it) Once they're in and get the villa 'bug' They'll offer him a sweetener and he'll duly be off. He's no more than a doorstop now and brings nothing to the party. He did well to cling onto his stake (I'll give him that) but I imagine that was on the orders of his investors. 

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I said yesterday that Xia didn't find them, they found him it and it was a couple of weeks in the works,  But yeah the Times piece states they knew each other and discussed it at the WC when at a conference.

We're so incredibly lucky really. Obviously we don't know what the intentions of the new owners are just yet...  (do you?) ... but it would be hard to pick a better name to come and buy us. 

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We're so incredibly lucky really. Obviously we don't know what the intentions of the new owners are just yet...  (do you?) ... but it would be hard to pick a better name to come and buy us. 

I don't mate sadly. I genuinely feel very excited. I've even got out of bed these past few mornings with an extra spring in my step when I wake and remember the Villa. The fact that Nassef is going to be working very hands on (yes I know that part) given how busy he is says a lot about his intentions I think.

• Like 1

Smart deal by Xia. The two owners will give us money injection and make it a possible promotion race and then Xia sells for profit after value of team increases after promotion. 

If things go to plan that is ?

1 minute ago, TheEgo said:

Don't know. I asked about stake and when they would buy more and was told what I posted. I haven't seen it as you'd expect. 

Any inside info on Grealish. From what you know what percentage would you give him for staying...

Â