Time for a takeover

Jareth

1 minute ago, CosmicVillan said:

OK so apparently it's not all doom and gloom with FFP

When we got relegated we wrote down the value of the land we own by £44m so apparently they could look at re-valuing the stadium and land we own to give us some wriggle room.

Yeah, that bit sounded very promising. He seems convinced it's nowhere near as bad as has been made out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosmicVillan said:

OK so apparently it's not all doom and gloom with FFP

When we got relegated we wrote down the value of the land we own by £44m so apparently they could look at re-valuing the stadium and land we own to give us some wriggle room.

This is a really salient point, the new guys could simply say it is now worth 80m more and it then means we not only have ffp covered, but we have room to spend. Point being clever owners can circumvent the FFP. Good stuff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So which two clubs are richer than us then? ?:D 

Well one of them certainly isn’t Billy Big Bollocks who our “close rivals” (who knew?) from Yam Yam Land have taken to sprouting about. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

This is a really salient point, the new guys could simply say it is now worth 80m more and it then means we not only have ffp covered, but we have room to spend. Point being clever owners can circumvent the FFP. Good stuff

Yes and if we up the value of BMH too, we could also sting HS2 for more compo ?

If this is true re the re-valuing of assets to combat ffp then to me this shows our new owners know a thing or two to get us competitive quicker than we perhaps thought x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes and if we up the value of BMH too, we could also sting HS2 for more compo ?

If we knocked down the North stand and built a proper one the stadium would rise in value !

I went inside it for the first time last season as I was invited to a box in the Doug Ellis Vs the scum but rozzers had barricaded off the normal entrance  for Villa fans.

We went in via what used to be the old ticket office and down loads of corridors...my god it's antiquated..like going back into your Nan's house that hasn't changed for 50yrs

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

If we knocked down the North stand and built a proper one the stadium would rise in value !

Edens has just done this for his basketball team, a whole new stadium mind, but he'd be just the guy to oversee this - absolutely blumin perfect. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Not sure..I presume Man City plus one other..Chelsea ? Arsenal ? Abamovich and Kroenke worth a few Bob

Only Man City really. Our new guys combined wealth take us past Chelsea. 

Â