Time for a takeover

Jareth

20 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Smart deal by Xia. The two owners will give us money injection and make it a possible promotion race and then Xia sells for profit after value of team increases after promotion. 

If things go to plan that is ?

The new tea boy will be bombed out way before then though I reckon. That will be his desired scenario. They won't want to keep deadwood around. In China, no cash, no football expertise. Just a silent shareholder now (hopefully) No more silly tweets please Xia.

One thing I forgott about in my rush of excitement over our new overlords is what happened to the fit and proper owners test?

Did it not have to be conducted as Naz and Wez only bought a minority stake each? Or did the EFL do it in hyper speed time? If so the EFL should get a big thanks (although I'm not sure if that's how we want it to work really).

Anyway, after have passed Xia and others I guess this test doesn't mean much, can as well just skip it if it isn't revised.

(Sorry if this has already been explained on here)   

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any inside info on Grealish. From what you know what percentage would you give him for staying...

None at all bud. I knew he was 100% going and going fast (but we could all see that) I also tweeted on Monday that all transfers were on hold (as I knew Xia needed to make a deal by Friday) but that's all changed now. We will need to see what the new guys decide

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

One thing I forgott about in my rush of excitement over our new overlords is what happened to the fit and proper owners test?

Did it not have to be conducted as Naz and Wez only bought a minority stake each? Or did the EFL do it in hyper speed time? If so the EFL should get a big thanks (although I'm not sure if that's how we want it to work really).

Anyway, after have passed Xia and others I guess this test doesn't mean much, can as well just skip it if it isn't revised.

(Sorry if this has already been explained on here)   

They approved the cash injection and the deal in principle, they just need to pass the Directors and Owners test to complete the formalties. Won't be long though as EFL are already pretty happy with what they know. Won't take weeks like Xia did

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

There is a clause where the two new guys can buy the rest when promoted, but I don't think it will take that long (far from it) Once they're in and get the villa 'bug' They'll offer him a sweetener and he'll duly be off. He's no more than a doorstop now and brings nothing to the party. He did well to cling onto his stake (I'll give him that) but I imagine that was on the orders of his investors. 

Although I don't want Xia to be associated with the club in any way after what he has done, while he is here, perhaps he can be used to promote us in China, building up a fan base there. He can be like our cheerleader in the east  ? not interfering with the daily business at the club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Don't know. I asked about stake and when they would buy more and was told what I posted. I haven't seen it as you'd expect. 

From your posts I actually expected you'd seen it. Secondly why would Tony just sell his 45% for less than market rate? I know you hate Tony but why would you assume he'd just sell up prior to any success? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

They approved the cash injection and the deal in principle, they just need to pass the Directors and Owners test to complete the formalties. Won't be long though as EFL are already pretty happy with what they know. Won't take weeks like Xia did

Any ideas as to what happens to the £30m? 

Dose it go to the club coffers or Tonys pocket? 

11 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

That time it took for the EFL to approve Xia should have started to ring alarm bells. I think lots of us had doubts, but really wanted to believe in Xia after the misery and silence of the final years of the previous regime. 

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

From your posts I actually expected you'd seen it. Secondly why would Tony just sell his 45% for less than market rate? I know you hate Tony but why would you assume he'd just sell up prior to any success? 

What's the market rate for a club just about to go into Admin? I'm not sure where I have suggested he should sell it for less than any rate?? Also I don't hate Tony. I just don't think he's been a very good owner and the fact we were 72 hours away from Administration kinda attests to that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Any ideas as to what happens to the £30m? 

Dose it go to the club coffers or Tonys pocket? 

It's Xia's for a share in the club as far as I'm aware. Thing is Xia had no operating capital so that needs to be factored in. I don't know, but I'd imagine other cash has been put in to increase the cash flow.

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That time it took for the EFL to approve Xia should have started to ring alarm bells. I think lots of us had doubts, but really wanted to believe in Xia after the misery and silence of the final years of the previous regime. 

Yep, there were many things off from the start, some looking back with hindsight and other more obvious things

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Wasn’t the reason given for the delay at the time because the premier league had to do their own checks, as Villa were still (technically) a premier league club?

Probably rubbish, but I’m sure I remember reading that somewhere, possibly regurgitated here maybe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Yep, there were many things off from the start, some looking back with hindsight and other more obvious things

Well there was one guy on Twitter who had his number from the start.  Can’t mind who it was but Tony actually responded to him.

10 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well there was one guy on Twitter who had his number from the start.  Can’t mind who it was but Tony actually responded to him.

Yeah he called him a 'jerknalist' ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah he called him a 'jerknalist' ?

I remember I likened Xia to Trump at the time for his way of expressing himself on Twitter.

Bit heavier on the emoji's obviously.

11 hours ago, TheEgo said:

What's the market rate for a club just about to go into Admin? I'm not sure where I have suggested he should sell it for less than any rate?? Also I don't hate Tony. I just don't think he's been a very good owner and the fact we were 72 hours away from Administration kinda attests to that

1) It's not going into admin, the point was why would you sell a stake in a club that is going places. 

2) You suggested - Once they're in and get the villa 'bug' They'll offer him a sweetener and he'll duly be off. He's no more than a doorstop now and brings nothing to the party. - Why would he accept anything other than the value of his stake, why would you do that?

3) Hate was the wrong word - scuze.

Edited by Jareth

Â