New Manager Speculation

maqroll

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Keep Bruce, but bring in Maradona as assistant.

The football would be horrendous, but the press briefings would be legendary.

Sadly Maradona has already joined illustrious Belarusian club Dinamo Drest as strategic adviser so we'll have to wait a month or so before he quits/is sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

2 reasons I want Bruce to stay on 1Grelaish seems to get on with him , 2 he’s a nice guy and I wish him well but hes no coach and thats what we need

One for other thread but is he really as nice as everyone makes out. He definitely has a bit of an ego.  That’s what it seemed when the pressure was on and he starting blaming everyone but himself. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I love a bit of Wenger. I really want some Wenger. I could get behind Wenger.

Wenger's on record saying Viera and Henry are going to be good managers. I'm not too concerned about changing the manager at this point because lets face it up until the new guys came in we were completely rudderless and were expecting to have to try and compete without Chester, Grealish, Kodija and whoever else we had to flog to pay Doris' crazy wages as tea lady every month. So it's not like they were down Bodymoor working on the the 5 year masterplan or anything is it?

Henry seems like a massive punt to me at this point, and I can't see Wenger coming in and Henry being number 2 with a view to managing us down the line. Who know though? If he's half the manager that he was a player he'd be a big improvement in quality on what we've had for a while! I'd rather we went for someone with a record of improving young players, who can impose a decent style of play over a long period not just at first team level. Southgate is busy though ay? ;)

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Grealish got on well with Tim Sherwood and Shaun Derry too, it shouldn't mean much.

That’s it !!!!   We’ll just let a popular player pick our manager from now on.  What could go wrong?

Really don’t know whether we are in a position to even change manager (whether we could afford to pay Bruce and co off and pay a new manager and coaching team) and not be affected by FFP.

But, if we can, I would find the appointment of someone like Henry genuinely exciting, backed up by some experienced heads. Wenger would be great as DOF too, there’s all the experience you could want. Many of us have been saying we need “proper football people” at the club too.

Henry is a winner, pure and simple, was a world class player who played at the highest level, won so much and was trained by some of the very best coaches and managers everywhere. I’m sure he could bring a lot to the club.

Everyone would look up to and be inspired by him and I’m sure he wouldn’t let standards slip.

Would be a compeletely different approach to someone like Bruce.

We certainly wouldn’t be playing hoofball and the football would not be dire and dull.

Don’t talk to me about experience of this league etc etc. Just look how well some of the managers have done who have come in and actually got their teams playing decent football e.g. Wagner, Nuno, Jokanovic.

If we do want a different and more exciting approach I can’t think of much better tbh.

There are no guarantees but you don’t get much without taking risks, how much have we really gained with old style, experienced or British managers? A complete change of approach and mentality is just what this club needs. Now that we have new owners, hopefully we can revitalise the whole club.

I still don’t know what our financial situation really is though so can we even do this?

Edited by Jas10

Simple sack Bruce, keep Grealish. We will get even more out of Grealish with a technical/progressive manager and thus more likely to get promoted, negated the worry of FFP anyway. Now's the time for a fresh blueprint. Keep those we want to, sale those we don't add in a few able replacements at the right age and cost and go for promotion. Problem solved. 

Bruce will equal what we did last year, but with less success as he hasn't got Dads army anymore. An old dog doesn't learn new tricks and all that.

Thierry Henry Claret and Blue Army ??

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is this talk of wenger based on anything other than the musings of VT posters? 

Seems very far fetched to me. 

Think it was just down to the Henry link last week, and people extrapolating from that.  Far fetched is right, but you never know.

41 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Simple sack Bruce, keep Grealish. We will get even more out of Grealish with a technical/progressive manager and thus more likely to get promoted, negated the worry of FFP anyway. Now's the time for a fresh blueprint. Keep those we want to, sale those we don't add in a few able replacements at the right age and cost and go for promotion. Problem solved. 

Bruce will equal what we did last year, but with less success as he hasn't got Dads army anymore. An old dog doesn't learn new tricks and all that.

Thierry Henry Claret and Blue Army ??

So after gambling everything last season to get promotion you think this season we should gamble even more? No matter how rich an owner we have we still need sort this ffp and awful financial situation out before we even think about taking risks imo. 

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Wenger ? Can’t see it myself ??

Yeah it’s about as likely as a couple of multibillionaires  showing up and plucking us from the grasping fingers of HMRC. People need to get real!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

So after gambling everything last season to get promotion you think this season we should gamble even more? No matter how rich an owner we have we still need sort this ffp and awful financial situation out before we even think about taking risks imo. 

What gamble? Young Terry Henry is only 40, he could be player manager and save us a wage straight away. He’d rip this division apart. In fact we’d only need to keep Jack, Chester at the back and a kid in goal. The fans could fill the other positions and pay a grand per game, we’d make a fortune. We’re Aston Villa we laugh in the face of ffp. :flag: