New Manager Speculation

maqroll

For me, my shortlist of names would be Benithez, Ranieri, Klinsman, Sanchez Flores, Wenger & (Henry), Mellberg & Laursen.

Shoot me for being unrealistic, but it begs the question, how many seen John Terry coming?

Whomever it may be it would certainly show a statment of intent if any of the above ever happened to become our manager anytime soon.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

But the prem has been dominated in the past by managers who were not top players: Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho. It’s time to realise the quality of a player has very little bearing on the their quality as a manager.

I agree. I think there would be a huge meltdown though if we employed some unkown Belgian 2nd division coach though who never played professionally.

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That would kind of be the point of Henry. Someone with the links to bring in young players on Loan from France and Belgium to replace the likes of Taylor and Lansbury. 

Like Houllier or Remi Garde

Sure Wenger has even admitted he lost these contacts while Leicester snapping them up

56 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

He’s a big name in football, like Zola was and look how well he did...lol although I enjoyed that

Steve Bruce is a good bloke but massively underachieved last season and needs to be replaced

Ha, it was fun watching the Zola implosion wasn’t it!? 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Like Houllier or Remi Garde

Sure Wenger has even admitted he lost these contacts while Leicester snapping them up

Houllier and Remi Garde never had a summer transfer window. Don’t get the comparison. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The season is only what, two weeks away? No chance are we getting a new manager, it just wouldn’t make sense.

Unless things are already in place behind the scenes/been worked on already then it's not impossible really. But it's all ifs and buts.

I just hope they don't sack and replace Bruce once the windows are totally shut after August 31st.

If we are to act then I hope its soon.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Unless things are already in place behind the scenes/been worked on already then it's not impossible really. But it's all ifs and buts.

I just hope they don't sack and replace Bruce once the windows are totally shut after August 31st.

If we are to act then it has to be now.

Very true. Action now, or no action at all. Anything else would be tying their hands behind their backs. 

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If we are to act then I hope its soon.

Yeah, agreed. If they want to go a different direction, whatever that may be, then do it now. Not after the season has started.

39 minutes ago, sne said:

It's 2 weeks away, but it ends in 10 months.

Plenty of time for a new manager to make his mark on the players and get us heading in a new direction.

Upheavel in pre-season could also mean a season wasted. We have seen it before

Just now, Zatman said:

Upheavel in pre-season could also mean a season wasted. We have seen it before

Yup! Hard to know which it will be.

I'd rather gamble on a new guy than more of the same.

But that's hardly a surprise to anyone on here :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup! Hard to know which it will be.

I'd rather gamble on a new guy than more of the same.

But that's hardly a surprise to anyone on here :D

I want Bruce gone as well as next guy but not going for first big name we see

Rather some thought put into it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I want Bruce gone as well as next guy but not going for first big name we see

Rather some thought put into it

Well hopefully the new owners have a put a lot of thought into it.

Be it Henry or someone else.

Be it Villa Park or elsewhere, I'd imagine Henry has already accepted a job offer.

You don't give up a £4m a year job to go and look for another job, you give it up when you've been offered one.