New Manager Speculation

maqroll

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't know know why people get excited about a big name former player becoming a manager. 

They almost never do anything. You can name player after player who everyone assume would be good managers who turn out rubbish. 

It's far more often lesser know names who become top managers. 

I would be very very cold on Henry testing the water with us. We need someone proven at this stage else we risk another year lost and a other rebuild of squad. 

Some good points but can’t say all past players are flops. There are many young good managers out there like monk, Wagner etc. They do have to start somewhere. The thing is your point about us having someone proven, we should stick with Bruce then.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting, I like the thought of a younger coach in. He is a huge name but will he be another zola? 

Personally for me, I would only be happy with having Henry here if Wenger was also here in some capacity too.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Some good points but can’t say all past players are flops. There are many young good managers out there like monk, Wagner etc. They do have to start somewhere. The thing is your point about us having someone proven, we should stick with Bruce then.

Yes I would much rather stick with Bruce than gamble on Henry. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes I would much rather stick with Bruce than gamble on Henry. 

I’d rather have kept terry on as a number two to Bruce than just get Henry in. Be a massive gamble that’s for sure.

but the Belgian players are Crediting henry for their success in World Cup...

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rafa is getting fed up at Newcastle I do think he wou”d be gttable were he to leave. He would be my number one choice 

And if he got us promoted there would be loads of money to spend 

This is where Xia went massively wrong. He spent too much time and money on getting in talent at the bottom of the ladder (players) and not enough at the top (CEO / DOF / Manager).

When he came in Jokanovic was gettable, Wagner was gettable, wave the £14m at Rafa  instead of waste it on Hogan and who knows back then!

Right now I'd go and get the very best we can get. If Rafa is threatening to walk go offer him a fortune to get us up with the extra promise of a kings ransom to spend once he does.

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rafa is getting fed up at Newcastle I do think he wou”d be gttable were he to leave. He would be my number one choice 

Careful now...  

And as much as I agree, I think the whole of Villa Talk already knows my thoughts if he was to be appointed.  :D

£6m release clause you say...   ?

I’m hearing a lot about Henry being a massive gamble but how hard can it be to manage in the championship when you fill your team up with quality players. 

This aint RDM, Gary Neville or Tony bloody Adams. This is one of the most talented and football intelligent players of a generation! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't know know why people get excited about a big name former player becoming a manager. 

They almost never do anything. You can name player after player who everyone assume would be good managers who turn out rubbish. 

It's far more often lesser know names who become top managers. 

I would be very very cold on Henry testing the water with us. We need someone proven at this stage else we risk another year lost and a other rebuild of squad. 

Because it means Bruce isn’t here thats why.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m hearing a lot about Henry being a massive gamble but how hard can it be to manage in the championship when you fill your team up with quality players. 

This aint RDM, Gary Neville or Tony bloody Adams. This is one of the most talented and football intelligent players of a generation! 

David platt, jimmy hasselbaink, paul merson, ole gunnar solskjaer all failed at this level for a start