New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Why would he? He’s gone Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic. Why would he drop back down to Swansea’s level?

Come here to this terrible league and deliver success with no money or have a cabbage thrown at you. Doesn’t sound appealing...

Its just the way he hasnt rejected us yet.  Im not sure but that so called 'turning us down' answer to the question posed sounded more like a come and get me.

Digging deeper there is an element of Celtic fans who are pissed at him for failing in Europe, saying he has taken them as far as he can, wonder if there is an element of this from his point too?

A return to the premiership would be his preferred route obviously, but there are not many better placed potential improvements that us currently. It would be another feather in his cap to get us up and its very possible. After that maybe there will be money to make a go of it up there too.

In short we are not that undesirable to someone in his position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Rodgers will be staying- he is just stirring things up so Celtic will give him some money to spend in January. I think he will stay up there for a bit longer.

maybe

25 minutes ago, lexicon said:

As detailed, Smith has no playing or managerial experience at a club similar to ours. Little had both, JG playing but as stated, was more of a risk, granted. 

Like it or not, Smith is a bit of a risk. 

Whether we agree or disagree on how we view him, we both ultimately arrive at the same conclusion so I guess it doesn’t matter. In the end, yes I agree he is a risk. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Sky Sports: “Thierry Henry undecided.” Stop being messed around and go and get Dean Smith, Mr Purslow!

Sky know nothing. Remember they own a betting company. They will be loving this. 

I think it’s going to be Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Just now, deeps said:

Sky know nothing. Remember they own a betting company. They will be loving this. 

I think it’s going to be Rodgers. 

Sky will know more than us - and we're all speculating.

I have a contact at VP who is not right at the centre of things but often hears what’s going on - his understanding is that it’s Henry’s if he wants it and that we are hopeful he will accept. Don’t know anything about Terry - my contact had no knowledge that he was at BH yesterday (and unless v secret he would have know )  

My personal take on the Monaco rumour would be that a) Henry is settled in UK and b) he will have be aware of the ambition and finance available at Villa with new owners

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Terry is now the favourite to become manager.

He isn't even qualified to manage Chelsea's U23s yet.....never mind a championship side. 

Read an article earlier, (dated 30 September) that he has a verbal agreement in place to take over Chelsea u23's once he gets the required coaching badge. If he comes to villa, it will be to assist Rui Faria in my opinion

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Terry is now the favourite to become manager.

Only because what dirty Harry said this AM. 
H and his punter pals are probably laying the bollocks off it and mopping it up on Betfair!.. 

Edited by Kingman

On 03/10/2018 at 21:35, Villan4Life said:

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/22901518

Fonseca up from 25/1 hour ago to 3rd favorite 

On 03/10/2018 at 22:01, bobzy said:

His name got mentioned on the radio and people have speculated.  That's all that's happened.

On 03/10/2018 at 22:05, Villan4Life said:

i've put a bet on it mate i don't wanna be £12 out of pocket i've heard few snippets from scouts and agents i know. :D:D

I never bet EVER :D so i don't want be £12 down 

Also asked Request a Bet last month as heard little info

Cos of what i've heard and who he is associated with not saying it's going to happen at all but certainly a good shout he's odds was 33/1 to one at start of day now 3/1

40/1 at best now for Fonseca btw - all in less than a week.  Welcome to the betting market!

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Rodgers will be staying- he is just stirring things up so Celtic will give him some money to spend in January. I think he will stay up there for a bit longer.

There's that whole 10 in a row record, which they are awfully close to beating... chance to put his name beside Jock Stein. All the big English jobs are locked up right now. Villa are a big rebuilding job and a long long way from being a big club.

I'd frankly be a little worried about what lies they'd have told him in order to get him to come here. Global economy has a hiccup in the next few yrs and all those promised millions will vanish and then what.