New Manager Speculation

maqroll

13 hours ago, supermon said:

We'll probably end up with David Moyes

Or someone similar (Big Sam is free, isn’t he?) This has been my fear all through the virulent anti-Bruce campaign. 

Careful what you wish for.

46 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I really can't imagine the Dr. being that clueless, he'd go for another dinosaur. The mere thought is unbearable.

I don’t think moyes would want to  come here anyway 

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

I really can't imagine the Dr. being that clueless, he'd go for another dinosaur. The mere thought is unbearable.

I doubt it to be fair.

I think  the Dr. has learned alot more about football since he has been here.

He has expressed admiration for certain coaches and managers methods in the past.

If we went for a "Dinosaur" it would totally be down to him caving in to the likes of Wyness.

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I doubt it to be fair.

I think  the Dr. has learned alot more about football since he has been here.

He has expressed admiration for certain coaches and managers methods in the past.

If we went for a "Dinosaur" it would totally be down to him caving in to the likes of Wyness.

You have a point regarding Wyness. I think Wyness has done a decent job as CEO, in respect to making us a properly run football club again. However his experience, like Steve Bruce’s are generally old school. If we continue to make predictable and safe option decisions then that would point at Wyness pulling all the strings. 

Tony is a young guy with young ideas, his CEO should reflect and carry out his plans along more progressive lines. If Wyness can’t do that then I’d hope Tony finds someone who can. 

The next managerial appointment or not, should give us some idea where we’re heading. 

I see Allardyce as a better version of Bruce. But I doubt he’d come with us making big cutbacks this summer. He’ll get another Premier League job at Christmas when someone panics.

• Like 2

First time I have commented on this thread as I'd not contemplated us looking for another manager until today so I really wouldn't have a clue who we should go for.

Dean Smith seems to be well favoured and he has done a great job at Brentford and the four times I have really watched them under him, when they played us, they have played some lovely football. My worry is that managing Walsall and Brentford is light years away from managing Aston Villa in terms of expectation and pressure.

I'd have that same worry about any of the young, promising managers at smaller clubs who have done very good jobs. If Bruce is to be replaced though I'd rather go down that route than go for a manager who has been round the block a few times as if we are going for experience/ been there and done it we may as well stick with Bruce.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

First time I have commented on this thread as I'd not contemplated us looking for another manager until today so I really wouldn't have a clue who we should go for.

Dean Smith seems to be well favoured and he has done a great job at Brentford and the four times I have really watched them under him, when they played us, they have played some lovely football. My worry is that managing Walsall and Brentford is light years away from managing Aston Villa in terms of expectation and pressure.

I'd have that same worry about any of the young, promising managers at smaller clubs who have done very good jobs. If Bruce is to be replaced though I'd rather go down that route than go for a manager who has been round the block a few times as if we are going for experience/ been there and done it we may as well stick with Bruce.

Gregory and Lambert were both brought in from smaller clubs - Gregory was a superb appointment and in the context of how well his successors have managed Lambert was a good appointment too. Both managed the pressure of a big club as well as if not better than much more experienced appointments. Would be delighted for us to take a punt on someone like Smith; I think the uncertainty of how well he'd do would make for a much more exciting season than if Bruce stayed - even if they were to achieve the same.

How Can anyone say no to alladyce.  He took Everton from relegation to 8th. Remarkable job he did there. Id be happy with alladyce.

As for the shit football. It's not going to be any worse than bruces side to side back to keeper shit

Edited by Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How Can anyone say no to alladyce.  He took Everton from relegation to 8th. Remarkable job he did there. Id be happy with alladyce.

As for the shit football. It's not going to be any worse than bruces side to side back to keeper shit

I'm with you , also saved multiple clubs from relegation. 

• Like 1

I would absolutely take Allardyce, he's like an upgraded Bruce. I can't remember a job that he actually failed. Never got relegated from the PL or failed to get promoted from the Championship to my recollection.