New Manager Speculation

maqroll

So now we know roughly what it will take to lure Rafa here should we get promoted :D

Rafa Benitez to West Ham: Newcastle boss demands £100m transfer kitty plus full control

The Hammers have made Benitez their No 1 choice to replace David Moyes, while Russian giants Zenit St Petersberg have identified the 58-year-old as Roberto Mancini’s successor.

Both would be willing to meet the £6m buy-out clause in his contract, with the Hammers ready to make a formal approach given any encouragement from Benitez’s people.

Benitez wants to stay at Newcastle - but only if he’s satisfied the club can match his own ambitions.

And Newcastle so far have yet to convince him the two parties share the same goals. 

Benitez has just 12 months left on his current deal and wanted his future resolved before the end of the season.

His representatives have been in talks with managing director Lee Charnley, acting on behalf of Ashley for several weeks, but little progress has been made.

The former Liverpool manager wants cast-iron assurances that he can spend what cash he is given how he likes.

Ashley has said that he wants Benitez to stay, but the pair have not held face-to-face talks and there is a lack of trust on Benitez’s side after three botched transfer windows.

The former Liverpool and Real Madrid coach has never previously walked out on a contract and would be loath to do so now.

But he feels the ball is firmly in Newcastle’s court and if they don’t accept his terms, it will prove to him they don’t want him to be in charge in the long-term

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/961399/Rafa-Benitez-Newcastle-West-Ham-transfer-budget-control-clause-buy-out-manager

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m totally confused by the existence of this topic... what are people discussing? 

TIme for this thread to be locked I think. Bruce will be here next season regardless.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

TIme for this thread to be locked I think. Bruce will be here next season regardless.

Even if this thread was locked the conversation would go on in every other thread

I sometimes think the main purpose of Villatalk is to try to get the current manager sacked regardless of how well he's doing.

Witness the current nonsense of continuous criticism of Steve Bruce in "his" thread even though he's got us to the playoff finals. Apparently on the grounds that some people don't like the football we were playing last season. :unsure:

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think his only chance is if we were to go up and if the board don't see his ceiling and get rid of him then we will be coming straight back down.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think his only chance is if we were to go up and if the board don't see his ceiling

I agree, you'd think with all the money he's been paid he could skim that 60's artex, shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Ranieri has left Nantes by mutual consent.

Excellent news. Maybe we should mention this on the Villa social media channels, to make them aware, 4 days before we go into a play off final...

Seriously though, what are you hoping for by posting that?? 

Edited by Tayls

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

Excellent news. Maybe we should mention this on the Villa social media channels, to make them aware, 4 days before we go into a play off final...

Seriously though, what are you hoping for by posting that?? 

Probably speculating about potential new managers or something.

• Like 2

The more you read about how the players respect the manager, the more I've turned round to backing him regardless of what happens on Saturday. It's clear he's moulded a good team spirit in the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Probably speculating about potential new managers or something.

Ahh, I see. So it’s official speculation, it’s written down by some media source somewhere I assume. Got the link? 

Do we need a new manager before the play off final? Reckon we can get one in beforehand? 

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

The more you read about how the players respect the manager, the more I've turned round to backing him regardless of what happens on Saturday. It's clear he's moulded a good team spirit in the club.

when you see other clubs in top flight and the respect they show for there manager, its shameful

18 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yep, totally turned the whole club around #BruceIn

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rodders said:

Which means **** all if we lose on Saturday. 

I'd rather they hated each other and we be successful than them loving each other and losing. 

(Dream world of course being them getting on like a house on fire and being successful!)