New Manager Speculation

maqroll

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I never wanted him as a player.

He's a racist, and as far as I'm concerned that can't be excused, ever.

A court of law said he isn’t 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sounds ridiculous, but imagine if it is in the realms of possibility that he would look forward to the challenge of developing another Classic, big club like he did Arsenal?

I'd imagine he's waiting for the useless sack of shit Deschamps to fail at the world cup and will then take that job.

If lampard is talking to Derby with there finacial position then he has to be a realistic option for us. Like every manager  it would be a gamble for sure given his lack of experience but he has to start somewhere and given how screwed we are financially his Chelsea connections would  come in handy. An appointment of his calibre will give the club and fans a lift after this season dejection

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

A court of law said he isn’t 

The F.A certainly didn't. And watch the video, you don't need to be a lip reader to see what he said.

I remember Tonev getting dog's abuse on VT for the very same thing.

Pure hypocrisy, the man's a nasty piece of work. Villa player, or not.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well the theme of the thread suggests we have to ask “who” Sheep! But I agree, there are plenty. It’s almost too late once we’ve heard of them as their next step is the PL. as fans we don’t have the knowledge or resources to find a good up and coming manager, but I’d hope the club do.

Two of the three promoted teams had managers who played a progressive attacking style, the third was Neil Warnock. But the thing they did all have in common was that they had a plan, the players knew what it was and they stuck to it. That for me was where we failed, not really knowing what our game plan was. 

I'm referring to the sarcastic " who ", like Bruce is the only manager capable of taking us back where we belong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I haven't seen any good shouts for a replacement yet - not buying into any of the suggestions so far. 

I'm definitely not against getting a replacement in but it has to be the right guy. 

Tbh I’d never heard of Pochettino , the Wolves bloke or even Wagner at Huddersfield  or to a smaller extent Eddie Howe ... so it may be a case of we don’t know who the good shouts are ? 

but I’d like to think if their clubs can find these people that perhaps we could as well , one of these days !!  The worry is Big fat Sam might come up next on our radar as a quick fix ... tbf he deserves a mention next to Jebus in the bible for performing miracles in keeping Sunderland up the other year but his football just isn’t appealing 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I haven't seen any good shouts for a replacement yet - not buying into any of the suggestions so far. 

I'm definitely not against getting a replacement in but it has to be the right guy. 

There will never, ever be a right guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Who says he will play next  year ? Most close to him think he will announce retirement - JT and lampard would be an interesting management team but would need an experienced head behind the scenes - as long as it’s not RDM. ;) 

‘All managers start somewhere - who thought wenger or mourinho would be any good until they were given a chance . 

‘Certainly wouldn’t want him as a player manager though 

Really? I've seen nothing but things about China or the US. Everyone does start somewhere but thats not really an excuse to just go trying anyone.

6 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Really? I've seen nothing but things about China or the US. Everyone does start somewhere but thats not really an excuse to just go trying anyone.

Why would JT be just anyone ? He and lampard have bothbtaken their coaching badges , played at a top level in their careers and won trophies galore - terry has been an inspiration and role model in his time at villa - to suggest he’s just anyone is ridiculous . 

‘He has made clear his intention to move into coaching and management in the future and I for one would think he will be very good at it - he’s played and learnt under some great managers .

JT is not just anyone !

That doesn’t mean there aren’t better options but he at least deserves to be considered .

Ah he’s already proved money isn’t his motivation - I do not see him going to China or the USA - I think his playing career is over 

Edited by Eastie

Playing under great managers and taking your badges means absolutely nothing, nor does how good a player you were. You think he will be very good at it, fine. I don't, we obviously don't know whos right or wrong since he hasn't been tried but i m sorry theres just no way Terry will be considered for the Villa job based on absolutely nothing at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Playing under great managers and taking your badges means absolutely nothing, nor does how good a player you were. You think he will be very good at it, fine. I don't, we obviously don't know whos right or wrong since he hasn't been tried but i m sorry theres just no way Terry will be considered for the Villa job based on absolutely nothing at this point.

If xia thought RDM was the man how the  hell do you know what he’s thinking now .

Derby have already held talks with lampard over the managers job , gerrard got the rangers job , why is John terry such a non starter for consideration at a championship club he’s captained .

Edited by Eastie