New Manager Speculation

maqroll

12 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Which means **** all if we lose on Saturday. 

I'd rather they hated each other and we be successful than them loving each other and losing. 

(Dream world of course being them getting on like a house on fire and being successful!)

That’s just it in a nutshell though. You say it means nothing if we lose, but - in my view - it doesn’t mean nothing, it’s priceless, been missing for years, and isn’t just conjured up out of thin air. It is very very important and THE key reason it makes more sense to keep him than to start all over again.

This thing we loosely call ‘ team spirit’ has been absent from this Club for longer than I care to remember.

• Like 2

On 22/05/2018 at 20:09, Tayls said:

Excellent news. Maybe we should mention this on the Villa social media channels, to make them aware, 4 days before we go into a play off final...

Seriously though, what are you hoping for by posting that?? 

Fair point.

For what it's worth I have backed Bruce since the start of the season.

This is one manager who I would consider replacing Bruce with should we make a PL return.

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Dean Smith has a very clear system around him at Brentford within which he has a very specific role.  That's not to say he wouldn't be good elsewhere, but personally I wouldn't fancy the risk.

Fair point. We don't have anywhere near a similar structure. 

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

He could get something out of Hogan too. Worth the fee alone for that.

Ill take stick for this but i guarantee you smith gets a tune out of tshibola too. Arguably the fella is best most compsed midfield passer of the ball at the club ...hang on.......BUT  needs a hell of a lot of coaching.

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Dean Smith has a very clear system around him at Brentford within which he has a very specific role.  That's not to say he wouldn't be good elsewhere, but personally I wouldn't fancy the risk.

Played similar football at walsall who have a traditional system like our own. Yes i know its walsall but every manager is a risk.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Hopefully lightning will strike twice and Jokanovic will get the sack again so we can get him.

Why would Fulham sack the manager who just got them promoted? 

It's something none of us could know for sure but the complete lack of interest in Tshibola would suggest the issue is beyond simply that he needs good coaching.  Forgive me for placing little faith in your 'guarantee'.

If we are to get a new manager and take a punt, I'd genuinely rather we go with Mellberg.  I'm happy to admit that it's because I **** love the man and that it could go terribly wrong, but as I say, if we're going for a punt then he'd be my first choice.  If we value stability above all else, we'd probably be best staying with Bruce.  I think the ideal would be some kind of medium, but that's where there isn't an obvious option.  I think some people see Smith fitting into that role, but for the reasons above I'd see that as a massive gamble anyway.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Played similar football at walsall who have a traditional system like our own. Yes i know its walsall but every manager is a risk.

Exactly I’d rather take a risk instead of seeing the old faces like moyes alladyce etc being linked with us, as it’s proven this season it hasn’t worked with Bruce 

• Like 1

I don't hold with this 'who can we get that is better' attitude of some blinkered fans. Wolves did it and they weren't the first and won't be the last. We need to find our 'Nuno'.

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Why would Fulham sack the manager who just got them promoted? 

The last club he was at Watford sacked him after he got them promoted.

Hence the lightning striking twice, extremely unlikely but one can dream.

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The last club he was at Watford sacked him after he got them promoted.

Hence the lightning striking twice, extremely unlikely but one can dream.

Watford are nuts . They go through shitload of managers. Jokanovic going nowhere this time. Unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I don't hold with this 'who can we get that is better' attitude of some blinkered fans. Wolves did it and they weren't the first and won't be the last. We need to find our 'Nuno'.

It's not that they aren't out there; it's that finding them isn't that simple.  We could end up with someone with a lot of promise but doesn't fit.  That's not to say we should totally avoid taking a gamble, but we do need to be very, very thorough if we end up replacing the manager.