Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Could we raise £40m without selling Grealish:-

£8m Albert

£8M Chester

£10 kjodia 

.....????

Am I wrong in thinking holding on to Albert and Kodjia could be better for us then keeping Grealish?

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Am I wrong in thinking holding on to Albert and Kodjia could be better for us then keeping Grealish?

Dunno - thought Albert was woeful in the second half of last season - so much so that with a fit Andre Green not so sure Albert would retain his place.

• Like 1

Albert at 30 is not going to improve and after his season last year is likely to be at most valuable so for that reason I would sell..given our current financial situation 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Certainly Chester and Kodjia. Adomah I'm not too bothered about. I do think though that it would be better to sell Grealish and keep the majority of the the first team as opposed to the other way around.

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Sadly, I suspect the owner will be looking to sell them as well as rather than instead of Jack.

Bruce has called on Stan Ternent for player recruitment. He spotted/suggested Andy Robertson, Harry Maguire and Sam Clucas at Hull. This is due to the need to sign cheap talent as of course we have no money. If we sign three like the above I suppose it could be a good thing.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nabby said:

Albert at 30 is not going to improve and after his season last year is likely to be at most valuable so for that reason I would sell..given our current financial situation 

He would be my favourite to sell. 

I know he scored lots of goals last season but he drives me nuts. 

The fact he got those goals will make him a valuable asset, more so than the value he brings in my opinion. 

That said we really need Green to come back to his best. 

My only hesitation is that Adomah was forced to play on the wrong side because of Snodders, maybe he will be better on his correct side. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John said:

Sadly, I suspect the owner will be looking to sell them as well as rather than instead of Jack.

It sounds as though everyone is for sale, I imagine quite a few players would be looking to move regardless of the club's financial position, I think unless the fog clears and there is some sort of future plan and security in place we will be left come kick off with youth players and the dross we have been trying to shift for the last 2 years or more.

• Like 1

Is there still time for us to try to hijack Juventus and go in for Ronaldo? I know a former chairman (who still has a stand bearing his name) who would have claimed a last minute interest in doing so to spice up an inactive incoming transfer window like this. :D

46 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

0718EB9A-95C6-4C46-93CB-C0AA382D4074.jpeg.1fc94548ee06fb7557c0c903b7fe6cab.jpeg

You almost had me there, my heart sank when I first saw the picture. Thankfully I saw the breakyournews.com in the top right corner before they came to drag me away.

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Can’t say that I know much of Dean Marney other than he’s a 34 year old midfielder who used to play for Burnley. Sounds about right for us and Bruce!

Blimey. I remember watching one of his first games for Tottenham and I thought he was going to be the next big thing. This was against 20 years ago though and I also thought Stephane Dalmat was going to be the next Zidane.

• Like 1

Â