Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Am I right in thinking that the transfer window closes in about 3 weeks ? If so regardless of new money we are yet to sign anyone or for that matter get the rid of anyone of any significance. Not sure what that means in terms of squad development. 

25 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Am I right in thinking that the transfer window closes in about 3 weeks ? If so regardless of new money we are yet to sign anyone or for that matter get the rid of anyone of any significance. Not sure what that means in terms of squad development. 

Still have until end of August for loans with a clause to buy at the end of the season.  Expect a lot of these.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Apparently Vorm has been offered to us as part of the Grealish deal. Would take him, decent enough keeper at premier league level.

I don't want him or even a telephone call from Spurs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still have until end of August for loans with a clause to buy at the end of the season.  Expect a lot of these.

Hopefully we might now be able to bring a couple in. I wouldn't mind starting with Snodgrass and Fraser Forster as well as asking John Terry if he'd like to come back and finish what he started with us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John said:

Hopefully we might now be able to bring a couple in. I wouldn't mind starting with Snodgrass and Fraser Forster as well as asking John Terry if he'd like to come back and finish what he started with us.

I may be wrong but it’s the kind of wages we’d have to pay these three that FFP will now allow. Also to be fair its paying these kind of wages that got us in this mess in the first place. 

We need a different approach. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Top keeper to be fair.

He was when he was at Swansea, but that was nearly 5 years ago. Huge question marks against him now, and I am not sure a player who has been in retirement for so long should hold much value or trust.

This is the route I think we will be going down mainly so ineffect we have until the end of August to do our business. :D

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If we are going to keep grealish I'd say there won't be much money at all for wages. Would you be happy to go into the season exactly as we are now?

This is one reason why we need to offload quite a few to free up money for wages.

I just hope this time we are sensible. We have been given a second chance. Let's not make the same mistakes of the past.

• Like 3

Really concerned about our defence, could easily be the weakest part of our team/squad... especially if we lose Chester. 

GK too...

We don’t have many wingers, just Adomah (could be sold) and Green (injury prone).

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This is one reason why we need to offload quite a few to free up money for wages.

Unfortunately the only ones with interest are the ones we dont want to lose!

• Like 1

Mutally terminate Micah Richards

Loan out McCormack or just give him to anyone to get him gone and take it as a loss.

Tshibola, again loan out or just give him away.

Gil, Lyden & Gardner Sell or Loan out again.

If we get offers for Elmo, Taylor, Whelan &/or Jedinak, Lansbury and Hogan then we should really consider selling too.

If other too good to turn down offers came in for Kodja, Adomah, Chester, etc then we would need to consider very carefully taking into consideration of how or where it leaves us.

Ideally, it is the first 6 names above we should focus on offloading first before moving onto the next 6 etc.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Apparently Vorm has been offered to us as part of the Grealish deal. Would take him, decent enough keeper at premier league level.

They really are trying to Vorm their way out of coughing up the cash.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Well I checked it now, and the vibe hasn't changed! But we're rich now, we buy everything! Right?

Nope

Not unless we want to accrue fines or points deductions and so on. No one wants it from a football perspective but selling Jack and not having money from that to reinvest looks likely.

For me we're kind of back in that time between the play-off final and learning just how much money Xia had allowed us to borrow. Hoping that there's a way out of it without selling the crown jewels. But ultimately we have 3 or 4 players other clubs might want imo. Perhaps we sell Jack and A.N.Other and loan a few bods in. To start properly buying anyone we need to have a clear out, which, with 3 weeks or whatever till the window SLAMS SHUT, looks ever more unlikely. Unlikely deals are done while the new guys have been in discussions. It's going to be an interesting last week of the window imo.

As others have said, the up-side to the new guys is hopefully not being shafted on any deals because we're desperate for some cash-flow. That doesn't mean we're not still pretty desperate to sell though. No one really knows the extent of the hole but the £40m figure seems about right by most people's estimations after the loss of a few players and their contracts (Terry, Gollini etc)

The wages saved on any players leaving will count against FFP. I don't like guessing their wage although I'd be inclined to believe they are at the higher end of any estimates discussed over various threads on VT. Especially considering the lack of prudence in the Xia reign so far. These would be the annual savings though on any existing contracts.

£25k a week - £1.3m a year
£30k a week - £1.56m a year
£35k a week - £1.82m a year
£40k a week - £2.08m a year
£45k a week - £2.34m a year
£50k a week - £2.6m a year

And even though we may get a few pennies in there are still fees to pay and so on, even on free transfers. Loaning out a McCormack, might free up the funds to loan someone in for the season. No one's going on a spending spree. At least not imo until we've sold a few.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Mutally terminate Micah Richards

Loan out McCormack or just give him to anyone to get him gone and take it as a loss.

Tshibola, again loan out or just give him away.

Gil, Lyden & Gardner Sell or Loan out again.

If we get offers for Elmo, Taylor, Whelan &/or Jedinak, Lansbury and Hogan then we should really consider selling too.

If other too good to turn down offers came in for Kodja, Adomah, Chester, etc then we would need to consider very carefully taking into consideration of how or where it leaves us.

Ideally, it is the first 6 names above we should focus on offloading first before moving onto the next 6 etc.

Not his contract. Him. Terminate him. I like your thinking.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No thank you.

Edit;   However, We can have Vorm on loan if they're planning on selling him.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â