Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

11 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd take him, but I'd rather see us loan in Tuanzebe again and play him at centerback. Huth is still decent, but Tuanzebe is more versatile and on much much less wages. 

this - but also blood Easah

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I can’t imagine him [Hogan] being on that much

Why would you think one of the biggest transfers ever in this division would not be on much?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Really, what should they say?

The manager doesn't set the budget. The manager doesn't pay the bills, secure the financing, or run contract negotiations. 

The manager sets out the team, and gets them to perform as best he can. On that measure, Bruce took the club from circa 20th in the league to 4th over about eighteen months. You can certainly argue he should have achieved more, and there may be other holes you can pick in his time managing the team, but sorry, the club's financial situation isn't his fault. I imagine the press will consider his tenure, when it ends, in terms of what the club achieved or didn't on the pitch. 

You make it sound like some kind of miracle.

He took over the most expensively assembled squad ever in this division that was only given 11 games to click. I can remember at least 3 occasions in those 18 moths where Bruce went on worse runs over an 11 game period and playing far worse football.

Anyway thats for another thread.

I really really hope we don't loan other teams youngsters instead of blooding our own again. Seeing Onomah ahead of O'Hare and Johnstone ahead of Steer has not helped going into the following season

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, John said:

Bristol Live reporting Leeds targeting Kodjia. We can expect a lot of these sort of tenuous links now I suppose.

We managed without him last season so I'd be inclined to sell him on, but not for less than £8 mill. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

We managed without him last season so I'd be inclined to sell him on, but not for less than £8 mill. 

£10m would be better (I know in reality that we will be taken to the cleaners) as would keeping him unless that might lead to us keeping Chester for example. If we are going to sell our players on the cheap we should at least insist on a sell on clause as part of any deal.

• Like 1

So after the announcement we have to sell, in the next few weeks I wouldn’t be surprised to see the following leave:

Grealish

Kodjia

Chester

Hogan

Adomah

That’ll probably bring in £40m ish

We will bring some players in, no idea whom, but I’d imagine spending no more than £8m. We’ll still have some high earners here but I can’t see anyone taking them 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Because not long ago, he was in non-league

So do you think Jamie Vardy is still on non league wages? 

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

You make it sound like some kind of miracle.

He took over the most expensively assembled squad ever in this division that was only given 11 games to click. I can remember at least 3 occasions in those 18 moths where Bruce went on worse runs over an 11 game period and playing far worse football.

Anyway thats for another thread.

I really really hope we don't loan other teams youngsters instead of blooding our own again. Seeing Onomah ahead of O'Hare and Johnstone ahead of Steer has not helped going into the following season

No, I didn't. I simply stated a fact. 

• Like 1

If Grealish is sold to Spurs for say 25M, I would also insist on having Harry Winks and Josh Onomah on loan for a season.    Two young players who would compliment Green, Davis and RHM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If Grealish is sold to Spurs for say 25M, I would also insist on having Harry Winks and Josh Onomah on loan for a season.    Two young players who would compliment Green, Davis and RHM. 

Winks won’t drop to the Championship 

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He won’t be short of takers in the Premier League in my opinion, class player

I agree, which is why we should drive a hard bargain with Levy and not roll over.  It's only a suggested loan and he may appreciate a full season as our number 10?  I maybe talking crap, but I just don't like the way Levy conducts his clubs transfers.  

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Jiri Skalak from Brighton is apparently out of favor there. He was a starter for Brighton when they got promoted, and was injured mostly all last season. His wages aren't terrible, and he is a rapid winger. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Jiri Skalak from Brighton is apparently out of favor there. He was a starter for Brighton when they got promoted, and was injured mostly all last season. His wages aren't terrible, and he is a rapid winger. 

I like these kind of options quite a lot. Players who have done it in the Championship before. Its why I think the Grabban loan signing was such a great option at the time. You don't need to be a Premier League player to do well in the Championship - players like Cameron Jerome, Dwight Gayle etc. have proven that already.

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Not having a pop at you Czechlad, but.....?

• Like 1

Â