Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

55 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm ok with this, if true.

A decent fee but sadly another player on his way out of the door if true. I wonder how many weeks that fee will keep us running for? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

We bought him for £1m, he is now in his 30s and cannot nail down a place in a Championship side.

The idea we could get anywhere near that sum would be incredible, but it's about as likely as someone bidding £5m for an out of contract Gabby.

• Like 1

I'm gutted to see him leave if true. When he came here, I was adamantly against the signing. Thought he was shite and would struggle for us. He worked hard, proved me wrong, and became a fan favorite. He really is one of the good guys in the squad that fits for everything. 

Very sad to see a guy like that go. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We bought him for £1m, he is now in his 30s and cannot nail down a place in a Championship side.

The idea we could get anywhere near that sum would be incredible, but it's about as likely as someone bidding £5m for an out of contract Gabby.

We tried but unfortunately dont have the 5million to pay for Gabby

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Thought he was 28? ?

Either way, if the reported fee is correct I guess it's a vey good deal.

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadly I could see this happening maybe one loan at best. And people think we have a chance for promotion. It's goingvto takes years and a new owner for us to get anywhere near promotion.

Xia has destroyed the club.

terry was on 2m a year, if they could not offer him 1m or 1.5m for another year even after gabbys 50 or 60k has been off the books.

could not sign johnston..

sent snoddy back & wont pay him the doe 

when the results turn.. guess who gets the axe? bruce..

them the likes of gary megson will be in the dugout ffs

18 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

terry was on 2m a year, if they could not offer him 1m or 1.5m for another year even after gabbys 50 or 60k has been off the books.

could not sign johnston..

sent snoddy back & wont pay him the doe 

when the results turn.. guess who gets the axe? bruce..

them the likes of gary megson will be in the dugout ffs

Well he had his big opportunity last year with by far the highest wage bill and calibre of players at his disposal compared to the rest of the league. But it was Wyness and Round who got the chop for Bruces shortcomings. The only reason Bruce is still in charge is because we cant afford to sack him and his backroom staff. 

I'm confident when the window shuts that our squad will still be one of the best in the league and certainly better than Cardiffs was last season. So I really don't think Bruce is in a position to moan.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

not being funny but bruce took over when villa were in bottom 6, spent 2m net last year & finished in play offs.

Youre not trying to be funny, but gotta laugh at these type of comments.

We were in a false position after 11 games, and were very unlucky to be there with conceding last minute goals all the time, also it was the most expensively assembled squad this division has ever seen.

Bruce had 2 cracks at it. It might only be a 2m net spend (though I think that figure is incorrect) but its the wages you have to think about, and the 5 loan players from the premier league. Which other clubs in this division can afford those types of wages? John Terry, Robert Snodgrass - these were premier league players the likes of Burton, Brentford and the rest just could never dream about signing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Youre not trying to be funny, but gotta laugh at these type of comments.

We were in a false position after 11 games, and were very unlucky to be there with conceding last minute goals all the time, also it was the most expensively assembled squad this division has ever seen.

Bruce had 2 cracks at it. It might only be a 2m net spend (though I think that figure is incorrect) but its the wages you have to think about, and the 5 loan players from the premier league. Which other clubs in this division can afford those types of wages? John Terry, Robert Snodgrass - these were premier league players the likes of Burton, Brentford and the rest just could never dream about signing. 

outs, 

veretout 4.5m

baker 4m

bacuna 1.5m

cissokho 1.3m

sanchez 250k

inns..

elmo 1m

whelan 1m

terry ..free

the above are facts on out v ins. 

when the "outs" were bought the prem tv £ was greater etc, yes i get wages on johnston but he was not on huge doe as very much in development wages at utd

snoddy was on doe, 

bakers fee would cover terrys wages for 2 years as he came through at villa etc,

if you google about you will find that villa spent 2m last year.

• Like 1

Every thread.

I come here to get away from all that and enjoy myself. 400 pages, 2 months, hours of company time and personal energy wasted in order for that one concrete story to break that we have signed Ipswich's third choice RB. Beautiful.

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Have we found a club that are not yet aware of our dire financial situation and are therefore thinking they will have to make us the sort of offer for a World Cup player that would reluctantly make us seriously consider accepting their offer? ;)

IF 5.4 million is correct, obviously we have to snap their hands and drive him to Turkey. Now, I like him and he is giving his all every time but surely that is an offer which cannot be refused. Seeing how we are run as a club, I am confident we will...

If we are going to let jack go then anybody can leave, let's go full youth and league one prospects and kiss goodbye to the past, then hopefully someone comes in for us and starts building properly. 

Â