Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

until we flog a few, this is going to be the market for now.  And again in our current situation, if we are going to be relying on lots of kids, then having plenty of old heads in there, however boring it may be, may be what we need. It is hopefully a short term solution to a problem that gets solved over the next 12 months. Plenty of 1/2 year deals and loans for this season please.

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

34 and didnt kick a ball for burnley last year

jesus **** wept, give him £50k a week and a 3 year deal

**** depressing mate. And some think w ehave q chance at promotion. No chncw with shit signings like this.

Not sure I'm completely convinced people know what they're talking about if they stick their noses up at Marney. Last I saw, Burnley were outperforming us quite drastically and we are in the Championship. He was injured last year, so there is that obviously, but any premiership performer would be welcome in our team at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

until we flog a few, this is going to be the market for now.  And again in our current situation, if we are going to be relying on lots of kids, then having plenty of old heads in there, however boring it may be, may be what we need. It is hopefully a short term solution to a problem that gets solved over the next 12 months. Plenty of 1/2 year deals and loans for this season please.

Yes and no.

I am almost certain there are other players we could get, free agents and/or cheap players, here or in other countries, which are more exciting than Dean **** Marney.

This is Villa creativity.

If you thought it was bad when we had a bit of money, then just wait. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Bruce had him at Hull, I am sure he is just doing him a favour.
West Brom also have Richardson on trial. There is zero chance he is earning a deal.

They also have Reo-Coker on trial ?

12 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Not sure I'm completely convinced people know what they're talking about if they stick their noses up at Marney. Last I saw, Burnley were outperforming us quite drastically and we are in the Championship. He was injured last year, so there is that obviously, but any premiership performer would be welcome in our team at the moment. 

This.

Unfortunately, bringing in average, steady & unspectacular Championship players is where we are at right now. By combining this with selling any first team players that bring in a respectable amount of money, the club will be able to turn around this poor situation. The sooner people get on board with the idea, the better.

Let's say that we sell Grealish, Kodjia, Chester, Bjarnason, Hourihane and a couple of the fringe players for peanuts, whilst bringing in replacement players on low wages for free (plus signing on fee, of course) that are of the quality of Marney, we will be able to finish mid-table. Next year we'll then see some more of the high earners leave (whoever is left of Whelan, Jedinak and Richards), and probably sell whoever of Bree/Green/Davis/O'Hare had a good season.

It's not what people want to hear, but that is what we need to be doing.

Keep churning out the promising youngsters, picking up free transfers and bargain 'prospects' in an attempt to make a healthy profit on them. Eventually, by doing this method, we'll be able to complete at the top end of the table. At which point you get to keep your better prospects (providing the finances allow it). As depressing as that may sound to some, it's better than going bust or continuing with our current cycle of 'buy high, sell low'.

• Like 3

Some Burnley supporters commented saying Marney is still very good and performs like a man in his 20s. Very high energy midfielder, but unless we are selling someone, we currently have Lansbury, Hourihane, Whelan, Jedinak, Thor, and Lyden for centermid already. 

**** sake

The prospect of Marney in a villa shirt makes me want to vomit

Talk about scraping the barrel and how far we have fallen....

It's nice to see the rebuilding job is well underway under Bruce and were building for the future...

Marney is a player I have always admired, albeit from a distance, I remember a superb performance from him against Everton for Spurs, he scored twice in 2005. I’d take him on a free, no brainer in my opinion, adds a bit of much needed experience 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Marney is a player I have always admired, albeit from a distance, I remember a superb performance from him against Everton for Spurs, he scored twice in 2005. I’d take him on a free, no brainer in my opinion, adds a bit of much needed experience 

I think the point being it was back in 2005.

It's now 2018.

Pele was class back in the 60's but i wouldn't want us to sign him now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I think the point being it was back in 2005.

It's now 2018.

Pele was class back in the 60's but i wouldn't want us to sign him now.

I live in the past clearly

I’d take him on a free, we need experience 

We signed John Terry last Summer, he was probably on stupid money

Signing the likes of Marney is the exact opposite of what I want us to do!

We have some very good young players, we arent going up this year so its better to blood them as they will be our future. There is no point in quick fixes as a) ageing players coming down from the premier league will demand wages more than double of the youngsters already here, and b) we will have to replace these old players in a year or 2 like we now are trying to do with Jedinak

I guess I shouldnt have expected Bruce to blood the youngsters in all honesty

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Marney is a decent player and would be a decent signing. Having players like this around young players (starting) is a good idea. The issue is if we start the season with several Dean Marney's in the first 11. 

Agreed

Â