Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Not having a pop at you Czechlad, but.....?

It was his first major injury in his career. I think he is fine to play and will want to prove himself again. He was really good for Brighton in the championship. He was creating loads of chances for them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If Grealish is sold to Spurs for say 25M, I would also insist on having Harry Winks and Josh Onomah on loan for a season.    Two young players who would compliment Green, Davis and RHM. 

Harry Winks England international who probably didnt go to World Cup as he was injured most of the season. 

Maybe we could ask for Kane and Eriksen too on loan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Harry Winks England international who probably didnt go to World Cup as he was injured most of the season. 

Maybe we could ask for Kane and Eriksen too on loan

And that Ali bloke

33 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

And that Ali bloke

I can remember when we were supposed to be in for Alli in his MK Dons days - but then again  remember being linked to Eden Hazard too

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So after the announcement we have to sell, in the next few weeks I wouldn’t be surprised to see the following leave:

Grealish

Kodjia

Chester

Hogan

Adomah

That’ll probably bring in £40m ish

We will bring some players in, no idea whom, but I’d imagine spending no more than £8m. We’ll still have some high earners here but I can’t see anyone taking them 

More like 55m!

• Like 1

Lets face it this thread is pointless unless we know the financial parameters we need to meet via player sales and a drop in the wage bill for 'sustainability and FFP compliance'

3 hours ago, paul1984 said:

More like 55m!

Could end up nearer a paltry £35m. It's a distressed sale we're having and the prospective buyers will be expecting to get big discounts. 

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The other stumbling block with Harry Winks is that he probably won't sign a contract for £0 per week.

That is usually Levy's first offer

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The only positive i can take from our current position is that there are future England players currently plying their trade in the lower leagues.

Maybe we can spot a few of those players.

Even if we do I doubt we have the money to do anything about it just now.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/maroune-fellaini--more-aston-14880777

Marouane Fellaini & more: Aston Villa planned to sign these stars before Wembley misery

Sacked technical director Steve Round was confident of landing top targets

Football can be as cruel as it can be crazy.

Take Aston Villa’s current situation for example.

The claret and blues were just one 90-minute outing away from the Premier League and what looked like a bright future.

But defeat to Fulham in the play-off final has resulted in dark and depressing consequences.

Villa’s immediate problems are a major concern.

Tony Xia has cash-flow issues and is reluctant to let go. He’s received a suitable offer that met his financial demands - and has other interested parties willing to invest - yet he's spurned all advances.

CEO Keith Wyness has gone and a replacement hasn’t been lined up.

And earlier this week, Steve Round was sacked by Xia as the changes continue.

Round was a forward-thinking technical director, who had a plan to transform Villa’s future should they return to the Premier League.

Easier said than done, though, as results drive success, not backroom planning.

But with Wyness and Round gone, who's going to be negotiating deals when clubs come calling for the likes of Jonathan Kodjia and James Chester in the weeks ahead?

And how will Villa get the best out of the Jack Grealish to Tottenham deal? Over to Xia and his assistant Rongtian He, also known as 'Ho'.

It can be revealed that Round - the now sacked technical director - had a long list of exciting transfer targets lined up for a 2018/19 Premier League campaign, should Villa have got over the line last term.

Marouane Fellaini, the midfielder he worked with at Everton and Manchester United, was on the radar and Round’s previous connections would have given Villa an edge.

Javier Hernandez was also mentioned as was Thomas Delaney, the Danish midfielder who joined Borussia Dortmund for €20m.

Boss Steve Bruce would have been heavily involved in the process. Villa would have also signed Sam Johnstone, pushed hard for Robert Snodgrass and Grealish certainly had no plans to leave if promotion was secured.

We reported how the Solihull-born star was down in the dumps for weeks after the Wembley heartache in May.

He desperately wanted to get Villa back into the Premier League and is happy in the region.

But a move to Tottenham is now on the cards as soon as a suitable fee is agreed.

The board made no efforts over the summer to contact Grealish and discuss his future.

He was simply seen as the prized asset and the player who could fetch the highest transfer fee to help cover the financial problems at the club.

Yet in the background, Round was there discussing his qualities with Liverpool, hoping to get a better deal for the club.

The most painful part of this summer for most supporters will be seeing Grealish go.

Watching Johnstone join West Brom was bad enough - as was losing the nucleus of a team who genuinely wanted to fight for each other last term.

Talented and experienced football men like Round won’t struggle to find another job.

And, okay, he's not going to be short of money either.

But you have to wonder just exactly how much Villa will miss him - and Wyness - in these crucial times of need.

On 07/07/2018 at 17:35, sir_gary_cahill said:

Obviously not 

Which is the point I was making about you thinking Hogan wouldnt be on much.. just because he played non-league football once. 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2018 at 14:44, HanoiVillan said:

No, I didn't. I simply stated a fact. 

The most important fact is that he couldnt take us up, which is what he was brought in to do.

So this 29 year old kid fresh out of uni with a degree in sports management, English as a 2nd language and zero experience in the game is running Aston Villa.

He’s going to negotiate the deal with Levy to sell Grealish?

What an absolute f^*#ing shit show. Tony Xia needs to be hounded out of Villa with more intensity that Lerner was.

• Like 1

Â