Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

15 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Surely 20% of the profit? What did we sell him for?

Depends if it’s a fee percentage or a profit percentage. Most of these clauses seem to be fee related though. 

29 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I think we can get too bogged down on the finer details on the merits of certain signings sometimes. Ultimately none of us are going to be complaining about the lack of resale value of 4-5 signings who're in their late 20s/early 30s if they're going to contribute to us getting promoted, the same works for the criticism of "improving other teams' young players rather than our own" that we may take in on loan.

The step up from the Premier League to the Championship is such that to have any hope of competing again up there we'd have to sign a significant number of players again upon getting promotion anyway, we'd have to do EXTREMELY well in our current predicament  to bring in signings that tick both boxes. Snodgrass as an example might be 32 or whatever he is, but he's a demonstrably top player in this league and we're that light on wingers as it stands that I've been a bit bemused to see people turn their noses up at the idea of him coming in again (granted it's apparently not going to happen now). Same with say a Tuanzebe, yeah he'll only go to United at the end of his spell, but in the (entirely unlikely) event we get promoted and he played a part in it I don't think we could legitimately complain that he denied someone like Suliman getting minutes.

Spot on ?

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

I think we can get too bogged down on the finer details on the merits of certain signings sometimes. Ultimately none of us are going to be complaining about the lack of resale value of 4-5 signings who're in their late 20s/early 30s if they're going to contribute to us getting promoted, the same works for the criticism of "improving other teams' young players rather than our own" that we may take in on loan.

The step up from the Premier League to the Championship is such that to have any hope of competing again up there we'd have to sign a significant number of players again upon getting promotion anyway, we'd have to do EXTREMELY well in our current predicament  to bring in signings that tick both boxes. Snodgrass as an example might be 32 or whatever he is, but he's a demonstrably top player in this league and we're that light on wingers as it stands that I've been a bit bemused to see people turn their noses up at the idea of him coming in again (granted it's apparently not going to happen now). Same with say a Tuanzebe, yeah he'll only go to United at the end of his spell, but in the (entirely unlikely) event we get promoted and he played a part in it I don't think we could legitimately complain that he denied someone like Suliman getting minutes.

But can we afford to buy the likes of Snodgrass? I don’t have a problem getting loans. Actually I prefer loans as long as we will have better quality.

Onomah for example was extremely average. We had an unused Thor for the first part of season.

Getting someone whi’s not better than what we have is always going to harm us.

The thing is in terms of our budget we can’t get whoever we want. If we got these old players it will be hard to shift them.

We can’t gamble again incase of getting promoted. The way I see it its all in our favour if we kept Jack, window will close early, so teams would need to shift some players even on loans. So hopefully by then we can get Snodds on loan as they would either keep paying his wages or just send him on loans. I can’t see many teams going for him, thats the only part to worry about. As we will have an exciting 20 days of loans. Many championship clubs are going to move on those days.

I would also like to think that the club is thinking this way and willing to wait so that they can get players with the best price possible.

Joe Bryan is good, he would improve us on the left side. 

Fwiw Hutton had been pretty good there, and Neil Taylor is fine. But to get Bryan in would be an upgrade. 

Apparently Derby, Wolves and Newcastle were all interested.

£3.5m - in the last year of his contract according to idiots on Twitter, so that should be enough to get him even though he’s likely worth more?

Edit: he’s only 5ft 7in... that’s a good foot taller than Elphick though right?

Edited by alreadyexists

34 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

£3.5m - in the last year of his contract according to idiots on Twitter, so that should be enough to get him even though he’s likely worth more?

He’ll be like Alan Wright. Only with hair 

58 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yes but nine feet shorter than André Moreira.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Foot and a half i think.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Juventus have a few right midfielders and none would be crazy enough to go to our level except a loan move maybe for Pjaca

Duh, it's Ronaldo of course. Didn't you hear we're absolutely minted now.

• Haha 1

Â