Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

14 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

CB, striker and winger please. But seriously we neeeeed another CB. This should be clear as day.

I'm pretty certain Tuanzebe will return and start next to Chester this season. Although it won't be until United sign themselves a new centre back first.

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm pretty certain Tuanzebe will return and start next to Chester this season. Although it won't be until United sign themselves a new centre back first.

I wouldn't be against that. Haven't heard anything to indicate that it's in the workings or for another option however. I guess we'll see and tbh I'd be completely baffled if we didn't strengthen in that area.

Given Bruce has some money available and his first need is always to have his defence tight as pos then deffo a CB will be coming in. Not sure he will trust Tuanzebe to start there though. Reckon it'll be some foreign CB from out of nowhere like the keeper situation, or Huth. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sky sources say West Brom, QPR and Bolton want Gardner. Hopefully they take him on a perm deal. 

Great if this happens. We don't need him and I much prefer our other options there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sky sources say West Brom, QPR and Bolton want Gardner. Hopefully they take him on a perm deal. 

I think for once the entirety of VT will be united on this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we can shift Gardner.. hopefully someone comes in for McCormack even if it’s a loan at this stage. Probably shift one or two others (get rid of 2 GKs for example) that should make things a bit more comfortable. As it stands the squad is bloated in my opinion. 

He has done nothing of note here though. He has had many opportunities and hasn’t done it for whatever reason. He may do well elsewhere, probably needs a change of scenery but the club should have no regrets letting him go. He is 26 now, he isn’t a “promising” player anymore.

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not me, I think we might regret it if we do let him go

I'm a little curious as to why. It's an area of the pitch where we already have too many options and I don't really rate him highly myself.

2 hours ago, westholmevillan said:

Would like to try to  Gareth Barry back from the Boggies......not included in the matchday squad for them today!  Would beca real calming influence in our midfield  and has the versability to play in several positions, in particular in 2 positions that we desperately need (CB and LB).

He was on the bench today

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Does this mean...... A BIDDING WAR???? 

WHOOOEEE! 

42 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not me, I think we might regret it if we do let him go

We won’t play him anyway I think. He was a great prospect but sadly it didn’t went well with him. Hoping him all the best though.

I’d give the chance to JDH who might shine and fullfil his potential.

If Gary was a winger I would have kept him as we are lacking in that area.

Â