Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't know a whole lot about him. Surely we need to sell one of RDL, Hutton, Elmo, Bree, Taylor now? We don't need this many full backs. 

True, but if we plan to play 3 at the back we definitely need someone of Bryan's ilk playing on the left side, the rest just aren't up to it. Ideally we can shift Elmo, get Bree out on loan and Neil Taylor is just awful so send him to Woking or Kidderminster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

As said before by others, if he’s any good then fine, but left back isn’t a priority imo.

Massive priority for me plus Centre Half ( Tuanzebe ), Forward and poss box to box centre mid.

Middlesbrough have Hayden Coulson on loan at my club St Mirren who is similar player and lot younger than Joe Bryan.

(Coulson is highly rated and has bags of potential) would expect him to break through next season at Boro so wouldn't make much sense for them to be in for him!!

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think it’s just the way transfers pan out, if we need a CB, a Striker, a CM and an LB, just because we sign the LB first doesn’t mean it’s highest priority. We’d be silly to turn down a good deal/player because we’re waiting to get another player we also want.

Good logic, mate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it’s just the way transfers pan out, if we need a CB, a Striker, a CM and an LB, just because we sign the LB first doesn’t mean it’s highest priority. We’d be silly to turn down a good deal/player because we’re waiting to get another player we also want.

That’s fine, but I don’t think we’re desperate for a player in this position. I think we have adequate cover and if money is a factor, I’d be looking at other positions to be secured.

Unless the idea is for us to play 3-5-2 and he’s the wing back. 

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That’s fine, but I don’t think we’re desperate for a player in this position. I think we have adequate cover and if money is a factor, I’d be looking at other positions to be secured.

Unless the idea is for us to play 3-5-2 and he’s the wing back. 

So would you turn down all players and opportunities before we sign a CB, and only then move on to lower priorities? 

What if it takes the whole window to get the CB in, we’d miss out on our other targets.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Maybe the Juventus player is Moise Kean on loan?

as a FM player that would be incredible!

i think he's got a long way to go (he's still only 18) but there's every danger the kid will be a superstar

edit: just seen its a right sided player, kean is a left sided winger / striker in the henry mould i think

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â