Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Seems to parry shots into questionable areas looking at this. However, I know a 1 minute video isn’t enough to build an opinion!

All these saves are from a few years back, so might have improved in that aspect. I haven’t seen much of him since leaving Norway, but I seem to remember that he was very vocal. Not sure what to think of this signing...not overly happy or unhappy about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, royken86 said:

Having watched Nyland playing for Molde and Norway i can safely say that we are getting a good goalkeeper. At his best in Molde he was insane. Was very suprised the first season in ingolstad when he was benched. If he gets the nr 1 spot and gets his confidence back he will be one of the best keepers in the championship. Hope we get him. Been a while since we had a Norwegian player to give Villa some focus in Norway :)

Is this a loan or permanent move ? - 

Talking of keepers Johnstone apparently had a stinker for WBA yesterday - they need terry and jedinak

Good shout on here yesterday when someone suggested getting Gareth Barry in for the season.  I know he is slow (he always has been) but his speed of thought, passing ability and calmness would be perfect for us!  Moreover, he is able to cover several positions and is an excellent professional........swap for Gardner anyone?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jedi
Whelan
Lansbury
Gardner
Tish
Thor
Doyle Hayes
Hourihane
Lyden

We need to clear the decks before we sign more crap on top of crap.

I’m assuming you don’t want to get rid of all of the above, right?

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Welcome!  So, is he basically John Carew but with gloves on?  

Orjan Nyland’s here,

Strikers will run in fear,

He’s better than Bunn and Steer,

Orjan Nyland’s here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jedi
Whelan
Lansbury
Gardner
Tish
Thor
Doyle Hayes
Hourihane
Lyden

Have you seen Doyle-Hayes play?, a star of the future in my book, so comfortable on the ball-perhaps that's why you would sell him!!

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’m assuming you don’t want to get rid of all of the above, right?

Definitely not, but it makes no sense to me to sign another midfielder when we already are paying out way too much for players who can't get a look in.
Would like us to sign a dynamic sitting midfielder, but all depends on if we can get any of this lot out.

I think JDH should go out on loan as he won't get anywhere near enough game time. Same with Lyden, make or break for him this year with 12 months left.

Gardner & Tish should be offered to anyone who will contribute towards the rest of the deals. and I wouldn't be gutted to see Lansbury go out on loan either to anyone willing to contribute towards his salary.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Good shout on here yesterday when someone suggested getting Gareth Barry in for the season.  I know he is slow (he always has been) but his speed of thought, passing ability and calmness would be perfect for us!  Moreover, he is able to cover several positions and is an excellent professional........swap for Gardner anyone?

Would be an awful signing. We need legs in midfield not an aging player. Even for Barry who was never fast, he’s lost his legs. He was also part of the infamous “taxi party” last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Definitely not, but it makes no sense to me to sign another midfielder when we already are paying out way too much for players who can't get a look in.
Would like us to sign a dynamic sitting midfielder, but all depends on if we can get any of this lot out.

I think JDH should go out on loan as he won't get anywhere near enough game time. Same with Lyden, make or break for him this year with 12 months left.

Gardner & Tish should be offered to anyone who will contribute towards the rest of the deals. and I wouldn't be gutted to see Lansbury go out on loan either to anyone willing to contribute towards his salary.

Ah I understand your post now, some very good points there and I agree with getting shot of Lansbury he's woeful

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jedi
Whelan
Lansbury
Gardner
Tish
Thor
Doyle Hayes
Hourihane
Lyden

You would expect the players that weren't given a squad number and they haven't bothered getting a pic on the OS in the new jersey aren't part of the plans. That's Richards, McCormack, Tish, Sarkic and Lyden. I think Doyle-Hayes and O'Hare will be kept but will most likely be loaned out. 

I think until we know what's happening with and get a few players in we can't afford to let anyone go. 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Axels coming back on 12 month loan according to the sun

Apparently the Mina deal has collapsed, so unless Man U find a replacement Axel probably isn't going anywhere. 

Even if he did come in and we are desperate for CBs, no doubt Bruce would play him at RB to compete with the other 10 players we have in that position. 

Edited by Made In Aston

35 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

You would expect the players that weren't given a squad number and they haven't bothered getting a pic on the OS in the new jersey aren't part of the plans. That's Richards, McCormack, Tish, Sarkic and Lyden. I think Doyle-Hayes and O'Hare will be kept but will most likely be loaned out. 

I think until we know what's happening with and get a few players in we can't afford to let anyone go. 

They couldn’t get a pic on the OS because there weren’t enough Home shirts in the club shop. That’s why we have so many goalkeepers, it’s the only shirt we have stock of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Is this a loan or permanent move ? - 

Talking of keepers Johnstone apparently had a stinker for WBA yesterday - they need terry and jedinak

Seemed very much stuck on his line whilst Bolton kept floating balls in as close to him as possible putting massive pressure on centre halves. 

Sound familiar?

• Like 1

Â