”typical Bruce, why won’t he give our own youth a chance!?”

Bruce magically transforms into a unicorn;

”typical Bruce turning in to a mythical beast”

Yep this is spot on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

----------------------------------->  The joke

Your head

Not really mate, I got the joke, but it was also a rhetorical question, which clearly went over your head... oops. 

The number of people that have said left back is not a priority position for us is laughable. If say its our most priority position. 

I guess people haven't been watching preseason? 

We have a new formation that requires a left wing back. 

I know Hutton played left back last year but he really is not an attacking full back, there's a difference with running forward with the ball and actually doing something with it in the final third. 

As for Neil Taylor, he really should be sitting next to Richards and McCormack as far as I'm concerned as he's finished as a footballer. 

We've been playing Green and Adomah at lwb last couple of games. 

We have kodjia who's had a good preseason and a number of other striking options currently injured, at centre back we have elphick and Jedinak who Bruce looks to have a new position for

So for me LWB is our weakest position with the highest priority that needs sorting and would be absolutely delighted if we can sign JB

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

The number of people that have said left back is not a priority position for us is laughable. If say its our most priority position. 

I guess people haven't been watching preseason? 

We have a new formation that requires a left wing back. 

I know Hutton played left back last year but he really is not an attacking full back, there's a difference with running forward with the ball and actually doing something with it in the final third. 

As for Neil Taylor, he really should be sitting next to Richards and McCormack as far as I'm concerned as he's finished as a footballer. 

We've been playing Green and Adomah at lwb last couple of games. 

We have kodjia who's had a good preseason and a number of other striking options currently injured, at centre back we have elphick and Jedinak who Bruce looks to have a new position for

So for me LWB is our weakest position with the highest priority that needs sorting and would be absolutely delighted if we can sign JB

Do you mean like how he ran forward with the ball against Dresden, beat two mean and clipped in a cross for Green to bury the second goal?

Something like that that Hutton is incapable of doing right?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Do you mean like how he ran forward with the ball against Dresden, beat two mean and clipped in a cross for Green to bury the second goal?

tbf that is the first time I have saw him pick out a man in the box since about 2009.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He did that from the right though (and very much a one off), I don't think he could do that on the left as he doesnt seem as adventurous playing there (which was a good thing last season as it meant getting caught out of position a lot less)

Plus its asking a lot of a 33/34 year old to get up and down all game long as playing wing back demands

Bruce was very experimental in preseason, we saw Hutton at centreback a fair bit, that could be his new position and I think he could do well there, honestly dont want to see him at LWB

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yes it wouldn't be a profit in real terms. However, I don't believe cash flow will be a problem with our owners, rather remaining within the restraints of FFP  

me either. Fingers crossed ?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep this is spot on

I'm pretty certain Bruce has been  told he can only sign younger players, he's already quoted as saying as much. This is in direct contrast to his approach since being here and him constantly saying we need experience etc etc!! I don't know why Bruce IN/OUT debate runs through every thread, but if we are talking him, let's not dress it as he ACTUALLY has just decided to sign young and hungry players, having just quoted this as 'their' (the new owners) vision. Note the 'their part and not 'our' vision. He wanted Terry and Snodgrass again and was told NO. 

• Like 3

Nyland

Elmo   Tuanzebe   Chester   Bryan

Birkir

Adomah   Hourihane  Grealish  Green

Kodjia

Not bad at all... and we could get another striker too. I hope it’s Abraham!

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Nyland

Elmo   Tuanzebe   Chester   Bryan

Birkir

Adomah   Hourihane  Grealish  Green

Kodjia

Not bad at all... and we could get another striker too. I hope it’s Abraham!

I would think De laet may be in that side to start the season somewhere. 

• Like 2

Â