Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Does this mean the Mina thing isn't happening? 

I am...well...shocked to say the least that a newspaper would print something which wasn't true. 

It’s a shame too as if he ever scored we could have the headline:

MINA’S ON STRIKE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

That's actually quite a good first 11! 

It is isn't it and not entirely unrealistic - the biggest question mark being over whether we can keep Jack.

Watching Tammy Abraham's short cameo in the Charity Shield yesterday had me thinking how well he'd compliment Green and Jack... we'd frighten the life out of teams!

19 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

It's happening!!! Get used to seeing this lot ripping sides apart very soon ?

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 14.02.19.png

Is that the woods from Brentford?

Good player..bossed every game we played against them...keeps the ball moving but importantly keeps moving himself.

Would love to see him sign...doubt he will

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Unfortunately not, it was Belgian FA but it applies to all comps I believe :( 

Perhaps we can claim it doesn't apply to us thanks to Brexit?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheEgo said:

I'm pretty certain Bruce has been  told he can only sign younger players, he's already quoted as saying as much. This is in direct contrast to his approach since being here and him constantly saying we need experience etc etc!! I don't know why Bruce IN/OUT debate runs through every thread, but if we are talking him, let's not dress it as he ACTUALLY has just decided to sign young and hungry players, having just quoted this as 'their' (the new owners) vision. Note the 'their part and not 'our' vision. He wanted Terry and Snodgrass again and was told NO. 

Is this true?

And who is choosing the signings?

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Is this true?

And who is choosing the signings?

Bruce said that Terry isn't happening because the board want to go in a different direction with younger players.

No idea on Snoddy though. I read West Ham want to keep him. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Bruce said that Terry isn't happening because the board want to go in a different direction with younger players.

No idea on Snoddy though. I read West Ham want to keep him. 

That’s a shame as I actually think a lot of highly sought after youngsters would come to us just to play on the same team as Terry, give him a player/coach role:

• Like 1

Is Nyland coming in on a permanent rather than a loan? Assuming it happens, of course.

Can't say I know anything about him, and when have YouTube highlights ever been reliable sources of information when it comes to keepers in particular, but I find it encouraging all the same that he at least seems to have a bit of pedigree. Not that I have any knowledge of the Norwegian national team but it's interesting he's managed to amass the amount of caps he has considering Rune Jarstein is the first choice for what's been a decent Hertha Berlin side for the last few seasons.

Whatever the case there's a lot of ifs and buts but we're getting the makings of a decent team going. Needless to say a lot of that hinges on what happens with Jack though. Still think we desperately need at least another winger in, Adomah and Green are good but we can't afford to have those two as our only actual wingers and rely on the likes of Elmo to deputise in case of injuries or suspensions.

54 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

So Mina is about to sign for Everton. I know we were all on the edge of our seats expecting this signing for us...

What!!!! I have just taken delivery of my brand new Home shirt with Mina's name printed on the back! How can this be true, you must be wrong? ?

Â