Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

another one that nuremburg will probably be best placed to answer...

id assume that the club would be able to give luke previous kit sales data and they will take off their design heads and analyse that data, if white kits sell significantly more than black or yellow then its a no brainer that their first away kit will be white

i would then take that further and look for sales trends with different neck types etc

kits are a hard thing to judge, id say from my amount of wearing of it my favourite kit is the england 2009/2010 home shirt and that was just a plain white polo shirt

I'm no expertologist in this field, but I'd say 2 other things outside of the designer's control have a massive influence on shirt sales.  Namely the sponsor and the club's predicament at that time.  Selling well in 2010 for example, but not in 2011 could easily be attributed to a certain manager who's terrified of direct sunlight, or moving to a gambling sponsor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm no expertologist in this field, but I'd say 2 other things outside of the designer's control have a massive influence on shirt sales.  Namely the sponsor and the club's predicament at that time.  Selling well in 2010 for example, but not in 2011 could easily be attributed to a certain manager who's terrified of direct sunlight, or moving to a gambling sponsor.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Recon of some kind on our shirts next season...... R.E. the training ground renaming, I'm sure that'll be a win win for the Dr. and the Villa 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got a notification from the Villa app saying the kit design will feature a nod to William McGregor?

Fake beards on elastic for everyone, apart from Thor, Jedi and well ok not Grabban. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Can’t people just wait until we see the bloody thing before we criticise? 

That would be too sensible, this is 2018 Ingram where we all overreact, complain and moan and the mere thought of anything good because life is too comfortable :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 2010 day glo orange Marseille shirt with the black/silver/blue horizontal stripes is one of my all time favourite shirts as is the maroon/pink 2010 Lyonnaise away shirt. Funnily enough both Adidas but back when adidas dared to be a bit different.

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve just realised Fanatics do some of our stuff already. I’m 28 years old and I have Aston Villa pyjamas that are from the official store and made by Fanatics. They’re good quality and comfortable fwiw. 

Do you wear them to the match?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I do tend to wear them on match days, but usually on the evening as a treat for Mrs Villan-Scott :D

The lucky lucky lady. 

It's said all women love a bit of a villain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

Will Sir Willy Mac's beard be the replacement for that dodgy looking Luke1977 symbol that is supposedly a Dog/Lion/Dragon thingy? To be fair, it would be hard to tell the difference!

If I'm honest that logo worries me the most about this whole thing. 

I mean the chavvy looking models on the website terrify me but that logo I genuinely think is one of the naffest things I have ever seen. 

God I hope this all works out. 

This is either going to be a truly revolutionary wonderful thing or Emperors clothes. 

• Like 2

Lookes at the Luke1977 website - some nice looking stuff there - if you have an active ASBO and are

Spoiler

260302282_ScreenShot04-26-18at06_30PM.PNG.02f25bdb83db86c30e880fe0ba8c588d.PNG

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Haha 1

Don’t think I’ll be buying next seasons kit, as don’t like his clobber he designs. With that logo of his on a football shirt it will look awful in my opinion

Instead I’ve brought the 91-93 third shirt as had it as a kid when it 1st come out, £50 brand new which will still probably be cheaper than what he comes out with 

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The 2010 day glo orange Marseille shirt with the black/silver/blue horizontal stripes is one of my all time favourite shirts as is the maroon/pink 2010 Lyonnaise away shirt. Funnily enough both Adidas but back when adidas dared to be a bit different. 

I had that Marseille shirt. I think it was probably the last football I bought.

Â