Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I looked further into the like proper stuff. Really awful clothing. I just hope their kits wont be like the clothing range

From what I understood Like Proper would only be designing it and Fanatics would be doing the manufacturing so hopefully it will be ebtter than their clothing range.

Really hate the logo, looks like a squashed fly more than a lion

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Also any news on the new sponsor? I'm sure I read Unibet was finishing end of this season.

I don’t have the article but yeah, I understand it was a ‘mutial consent’ ending of the contract. I would imagine to make way for a bigger income, possibly through RECON?

EDIT- I was wrong on this, I think I was thinking of the under armour deal which was ended mutually. 

Was the unibet deal only ever 1 year anyway?

Edited by alreadyexists

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I looked further into the like proper stuff. Really awful clothing. I just hope their kits wont be like the clothing range

I'm wearing one of their t-shirts right now. I own a few, some polos and a jacket. No quality problems with any of them and I bought them because I like them.

If you don't like them, that's fine, but it doesn't make them "awful".

29 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm wearing one of their t-shirts right now. I own a few, some polos and a jacket. No quality problems with any of them and I bought them because I like them.

If you don't like them, that's fine, but it doesn't make them "awful".

When i meant awful I was referring to the design not the quality

Luke1977 doesn’t look like my cup of tea either, but it’s just not to my taste. 

I don’t like some brands as they’re too ‘showy’ like FrenchConnection (F C U K)- I think we’re all over the joke that it looks like a rude work but isn’t.

Edited by alreadyexists

Wonder if there is any chance of seeing the new kits prior to the UA deal officially ending? Always feels like every other club shows their shirts off before us. Just once I’d like us to be a club that has the kit out first.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2018 at 11:26, Demitri_C said:

When i meant awful I was referring to the design not the quality

I agree with both, the quality is usually good from them but there is more than a fair bit of their stuff that for me is over designed and a bit out there

Im tempting fate by saying for the kit i think they will tone it down and go near classic, id also be very surprised if there isnt an almost plain simple polo shirt which i think will look the bollocks, then maybe 2 or 3 garish other pieces, i want to see if they do the fairly common luke shoulder design on the kit 

I'm not a massive fan of the Luke stuff either, but the kit is unlikely to be anything like the clothing range.

It's like not wanting a NIke kit because you're not a fan of their tracksuit bottoms.

• Like 1

I can't imagine that black and gold Luke logo will look any good on a kit. It'll hopefully be just an outline or similar in white.

As for the design, there's just no way of knowing unless someone has seen a football kit designed by Luke before now.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Recon is to be our shirt sponser does that mean they can pay whatever they went to sponsor the club? Hence more revenue for signings? 

hhhmmm Interesting. Surely there is something FFP that forbids that? although I remember City & Etihad did something similar.. ?

it cant be anything they want they have to follow precedent 

if recon are sponsoring a championship club for more than the top 4  then im sure they will look in to it, he cant sponsor VP for more than the emirates pay arsenal

however if we go up everton i think is close to £20m a year so we could get away with something slightly higher

On 23/05/2018 at 09:08, Vive_La_Villa said:

If Recon is to be our shirt sponser does that mean they can pay whatever they went to sponsor the club? Hence more revenue for signings? 

Are recon our sponsor? They have announced training ground sponsor nothing else?

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Are recon our sponsor? They have announced training ground sponsor nothing else?

I think it's just an assumption seeing as they were second shirt sponsor this season and we seem to be exploiting FFP loopholes wherever we can.

Â