Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

8 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Don’t think I’ll be buying next seasons kit, as don’t like his clobber he designs. With that logo of his on a football shirt it will look awful in my opinion

Instead I’ve brought the 91-93 third shirt as had it as a kid when it 1st come out, £50 brand new which will still probably be cheaper than what he comes out with 

You've "bought" an alternative without even waiting to see what the new kit will look like?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

That would be too sensible, this is 2018 Ingram where we all overreact, complain and moan and the mere thought of anything good because life is too comfortable :P

BOLL*CKS!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

You've "bought" an alternative without even waiting to see what the new kit will look like?

Yes as I had that 3rd shirt when I was a kid and wanted it again, 

like I said I don’t like his clothing line 

41 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Yes as I had that 3rd shirt when I was a kid and wanted it again, 

like I said I don’t like his clothing line 

You realise he's not going to release one of his t-shirts for the team and the fans to wear... he's going to design a football shirt of which we have not yet seen.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

You realise he's not going to release one of his t-shirts for the team and the fans to wear... he's going to design a football shirt of which we have not yet seen.

Yeah. 

This is like saying "Well I don't like that nike t shirt I saw in sports direct so I won't buy our next kit designed by Nike"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. 

This is like saying "Well I don't like that nike t shirt I saw in sports direct so I won't buy our next kit designed by Nike"

Don’t like Tesco’s own brown muesli, so never buying any cereal from Tesco ever again.

Dont care what it is, don’t care how it tastes, don’t care if it’s completely different or not, not even gonna wait till I can taste the new cereal they got coming out. 

Decision made... 

What a life 

Edited by spiezels

52 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Don’t like Tesco’s own brown muesli, so never buying any cereal from Tesco ever again.

Dont care what it is, don’t care how it tastes, don’t care if it’s completely different or not, not even gonna wait till I can taste the new cereal they got coming out. 

Decision made... 

What a life 

I quite like their low sugar granola

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

These days I fall into the category of not caring what our shirt looks like.

I used to buy kits but I would wear them to play football in or occasionally to attend games.
These days I play very little football. I would never wear a football shirt as casual wear so it's not worth me buying the kit.

Therefore the only way it effects me is it's what my team wear when they play football. And at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter does it? Nobody outside of Villa fans care what the villa kit is unless it's an utter abomination and we get the piss ripped out of us for 10 minutes on twitter.

So as a result of all that, I'm glad the club are trying to be different, and the fact it's gone to a local business (locally founded at least) and a villa fan is brilliant. I'd still prefer our kit deal to provide us with as much money as possible and I'm struggling a bit to see how this could be worth more to us than a deal with a bigger manufacturer who I'm sure we could still attract.

But even if the kit is crap. I'd rather have a crap kit after the club have tried something like this than a slightly better kit from a bigger company.

This post could have been pulled directly out of my own brain.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

These days I fall into the category of not caring what our shirt looks like.

I used to buy kits but I would wear them to play football in or occasionally to attend games.
These days I play very little football. I would never wear a football shirt as casual wear so it's not worth me buying the kit.

Therefore the only way it effects me is it's what my team wear when they play football. And at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter does it? Nobody outside of Villa fans care what the villa kit is unless it's an utter abomination and we get the piss ripped out of us for 10 minutes on twitter.

So as a result of all that, I'm glad the club are trying to be different, and the fact it's gone to a local business (locally founded at least) and a villa fan is brilliant. I'd still prefer our kit deal to provide us with as much money as possible and I'm struggling a bit to see how this could be worth more to us than a deal with a bigger manufacturer who I'm sure we could still attract.

But even if the kit is crap. I'd rather have a crap kit after the club have tried something like this than a slightly better kit from a bigger company.

This post reminded me that I don't care about kits anymore because I'm getting too fat and old to enjoy playing football and that's only time I wore them. :(

• Like 1

My interest in kits is directly proportionate to the amount of football being played. As the season draws to an end, I have to have something to occupy the Villa section of my mind, so the new kit fills that void for a while. Then the transfer window opens, then preseason starts, then the season proper. It’s the same every year, and I love it! 

• Like 1

Good shout Kingman!  i have spread the gospel too with shirts in Cuba and Egypt!  Most locals take an interest in the colours and are not as anal about it as we are!!  As they get paid a pittance it's like they have won the lottery!

Luckily I still play footy at 43 twice a week so put my shirts to good use!  For the match however I will wear an original 80s shirt be it Le Coq Sportif or Hummel!  EBay has helped me aquire these over the years.  Still looking for the 84/85 white Le Coq one though seems we only made a few impossible to find.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Good shout Kingman!  i have spread the gospel too with shirts in Cuba and Egypt!  Most locals take an interest in the colours and are not as anal about it as we are!!  As they get paid a pittance it's like they have won the lottery!

Luckily I still play footy at 43 twice a week so put my shirts to good use!  For the match however I will wear an original 80s shirt be it Le Coq Sportif or Hummel!  EBay has helped me aquire these over the years.  Still looking for the 84/85 white Le Coq one though seems we only made a few impossible to find.

Better not be browsing the internet for coqs on your work pc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shay said:

A true Villan designing our kit, whats not to like? I am genuinely excited to finally see a true claret and blue colour on our kits. Looking forward to the leaked photos!:mrgreen:

yeah i read something about Luke Sports making sure that they have the darker shade of claret as they are aware of the pink/purple alternatives in the last few years. 

3 hours ago, KSV said:

yeah i read something about Luke Sports making sure that they have the darker shade of claret as they are aware of the pink/purple alternatives in the last few years. 

Oh joy! No more purple kits :)

Â