Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

2 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

How much were the adult shirts? Thinking of getting the away before they get rid later on. 

Hi mate, think they were around £30-£35 still.  Didn't really look as was looking at kids stuff.  No doubt they'll drop further soon. 

11 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hi mate, think they were around £30-£35 still.  Didn't really look as was looking at kids stuff.  No doubt they'll drop further soon. 

Cheers mate, think I'll wait further then! I remember a few years ago they did a clearance £5 for shirts, even £15-£20 is alright at this end of the season. 

I'm really liking this.  We're not only doing something innovative rather than following the crowd, but we're doing so by bringing genuine local expertise into the equation and utilising pre-existing relationships (Fanatics) and utilising their manufacturing and distribution channels.  Well done Villa.  Now just don't fook up the design yeah Luke? :D:clap:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm really liking this.  We're not only doing something innovative rather than following the crowd, but we're doing so by bringing genuine local expertise into the equation and utilising pre-existing relationships (Fanatics) and utilising their manufacturing and distribution channels.  Well done Villa.  Now just don't fook up the design yeah Luke? :D:clap:

Who are Fanatics?

2 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Who are Fanatics?

According to our resident t-shirt salesman...

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

From what I can ascertain Fanatics (who are a $4bn company in their own right) have two strands to their relationship with Nike.

They're an online retailer who therefore sell Nike product.  They're also sharing rights to a some of the Nike deals such as the NBA.  Nike make the player kit and the proper replica, and Fanatics make and sell the cheapest version.

https://sgbonline.com/nba-replica-jerseys-to-be-reserved-for-fanatics/

So it seems fanatics have their own manufacturing capabilities for kit-type product.

My take on it would be that this has been designed by Luke and will have their branding, whilst Fanatics are manufacturing, distributing and selling through their own e-commerce and the Villa stores - both online and bricks and mortar.

• Thanks 2

Always thought of Luke1977 as clothes for tw*ts tbh. Vaguely remember Craig Gardner looking like a serial killer head to toe in the stuff a few years back.

Still, the banta brigade in the Holte end will approve.

Edited by villanmac

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

According to our resident t-shirt salesman...

Also worth noting that they bought out Kitbag.  The Umbro/Everton deal also has a Kitbag component as they are the exclusive retailers for the kits.  This has meant it's been hard for a lot of fans to get their hands on the products.

This may not be the case now as Fanatics have global distribution, but I'm unsure what the model truly looks like beyond e-commerce.

It has long been a point of contention to many Everton fans that in store – just two of them to be precise – and on your tablet or mobile, were the only ways you could buy an Everton strip.

That changed this year, with supporters now able to order strips and pick them up from one of 5,000 Hermes click and collect sites around the country.

But you still won’t see Everton strips in outlets around the country, you won’t find them in Sports Direct or JD stores in Liverpool, and you won’t find them on sale at John Lennon Airport or around Lime Street train station.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-kitbag-deal-analysed-good-9559038

• Thanks 1

Kit Manufacturer is Hummel - moan, outdated, and shite quality

Kit Manufacturer is Nike - moan, template based strips, no individuality

Kit Manufacturer is Macron - moan, who the hell are macron?

Kit Manufacturer is under armour - moan, American company, don't like their values

Kit Manufacturer is Fanactics / Luke - moan, terrible design (that we haven't seen yet), don't like the logo.

You see a trend, moaning all the time, AVFC should just give up!:bang:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ll say it. I think this is shit.

Why? I'm just curious is all.  Are you worried about the design aspect or something else?

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Also worth noting that they bought out Kitbag.  The Umbro/Everton deal also has a Kitbag component as they are the exclusive retailers for the kits.  This has meant it's been hard for a lot of fans to get their hands on the products.

This may not be the case now as Fanatics have global distribution, but I'm unsure what the model truly looks like beyond e-commerce.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-kitbag-deal-analysed-good-9559038

We already have some of our stuff made by them so I can’t see it being any worse but I actually believe it’ll be better as I think we are the first football team for the most to do this with. The whole point of doing it this way is to keep on to play of the distribution side of things as it’s direct. No idea how it’ll work but as long as the kit looks good who cares. Interesting how much the deals worth though. 

7 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Kit Manufacturer is Hummel - moan, outdated, and shite quality

Kit Manufacturer is Nike - moan, template based strips, no individuality

Kit Manufacturer is Macron - moan, who the hell are macron?

Kit Manufacturer is under armour - moan, American company, don't like their values

Kit Manufacturer is Fanactics / Luke - moan, terrible design (that we haven't seen yet), don't like the logo.

You see a trend, moaning all the time, AVFC should just give up!:bang:

well you review 100 people for each one. Your bound to fight 20-30 that dont like something. Thats why we are all different. 

Personally... ive never heard of either company. I just hope we got good money for it.. doesnt seem like we did. Usually it would say 'Nike in 50 million kit deal' or something. Anyway.. lets wait and see what happens first. I am suprised we didnt go the China route. 

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ll say it. I think this is shit.

I dont see how personally, we know very very little about it

The home shirt will be claret and blue and cost £60, it will be a bespoke design from a company who will be putting a lot of time and effort in to this, its more of a gamble for them than it is us, again not knowing anything about them but i instantly thought they will go with a classic design which would be great 

Hopefully fanatics will bring a huge product range with them, not just overpriced mint green and grey stuff but a proper range like they do for teams in the states, id be amazed if luke dont bring out a polo shirt range for us

I was starting to think we would end up with a deal like baggies and blues where we pay adidas for something out of a catelogue 

Â