Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

20 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Kit Manufacturer is Hummel - moan, outdated, and shite quality

Kit Manufacturer is Nike - moan, template based strips, no individuality

Kit Manufacturer is Macron - moan, who the hell are macron?

Kit Manufacturer is under armour - moan, American company, don't like their values

Kit Manufacturer is Fanactics / Luke - moan, terrible design (that we haven't seen yet), don't like the logo.

You see a trend, moaning all the time, AVFC should just give up!:bang:

You've just had a big moan about some of the people not liking some of the things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

Always thought of Luke1977 as clothes for tw*ts tbh. Vaguely remember Craig Gardner looking like a serial killer head to toe in the stuff a few years back.

Still, the banta brigade in the Holte end will approve.

Yeah. I have always thought of Luke 1977 as being a brand for cockwombles.

It's going to be a football kit guys not a hoodie. Chill. This is like saying that loads of chavs wear Nike so we should steer away from them. The kit will obviously be completely different to their normal clothing line. 

• Like 3

I like that we're trying something different. Though never really understood fans who have a strong opinion on football kits either way, they're all a bit shit really.

Can't remember the last time I bought one. Remove the sponsor and i'll consider it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Never heard of either of those brands before this thread.

Could up looking great, or terrible. Will probably as always be a bit meh but OK.

Important thing is that it is a financially good deal for Villa.

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I like that we're trying something different. Though never really understood fans who have a strong opinion on football kits either way, they're all a bit shit really.

Can't remember the last time I bought one. Remove the sponsor and i'll consider it. 

Pretty much my take on it. Whether I like it or dislike it, I'm not paying £45-60 to have a massive ad on my chest, so my opinion probably doesn't matter!

I'd pay a premium to have a version without some scumbag gambling company on my chest.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wilko154 said:

It will be interesting to hear what our american fan base know about Fanatics later today...

When I buy some hockey stuff from fanatics it comes from the states into Canada. They seem to make most the memorabilia type stuff (t-shirts, hoodies, car fresheners, glasses, mugs etc). But they sell all the Reebok jerseys from the NHL and basically all the North American spots kits too. It sounds like what BOF said. 

The fanatics clothes I have are fine and wash well. But they aren't football shirts. Who knows! It sounds like an interesting partnership and different to everything else. With Fanatics it gives us distribution in to North America. Not just online but stores as well.

I like this years kit, except the colour. Looks like purple and blue. Not claret. But that's just me.

• Like 2

I'm calling the round badge on a white away strip! If it's not then this Luke fella is a bin dipping turbomong!

(But seriously, I own a few Luke polo's and shirts and I can confirm that I'm neither a chav or a "cockwomble"!) 

Edited by Hoof hearted
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'm calling the round badge on a white away strip! If it's not then this Luke fella is a bin dipping turbomong!

(But seriously, I own a few Luke polo's and shirts and I can confirm that I'm neither a chav or a "cockwomble"!) 

It can't be much of a fashion brand - so do I.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

It can't be much of a fashion brand - so do I.

I'd put them into the La Coste/Ralph Lauren bracket @limpid 

Interesting little promo just dropped with Luke Roper and his kids visiting Villa park and in it were a bunch of old match day mags being highlighted on his desk, maybe he is going super old school with the new design? 

Looks like this thread has been used for this article

Now it’s that time of year where fans turn their attention to what their side will be wearing next term.

Here are the best concept kits for Aston Villa, that they could use for the next season:

Edited by av1

Luke 1977 has been a great local success story. A pretty big brand now, I think they have some pretty decent stuff along with some awful stuff that goes straight to TK Maxx and the like. This is no different to any other brand of a decent size. How much god awful stuff do Nike and Adidas have for sale.

They’ve certainly got the brand about in the last 10 years or more. With a whole host of TV Presenters, footballers, indie bands wearing it. I have quite liked the nod to Villa past and present, the local area and football in general in the names of clothing items.

Its something new, hopefully it goes on to be a success. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Luke 1977 has been a great local success story. A pretty big brand now, I think they have some pretty decent stuff along with some awful stuff that goes straight to TK Maxx and the like. This is no different to any other brand of a decent size. How much god awful stuff do Nike and Adidas have for sale.

They’ve certainly got the brand about in the last 10 years or more. With a whole host of TV Presenters, footballers, indie bands wearing it. I have quite liked the nod to Villa past and present, the local area and football in general in the names of clothing items.

Its something new, hopefully it goes on to be a success. 

That was part of my take on it too, this is a big platform for them, maybe / probably in to foreign markets (with then fanatics maybe using it as a platform for the UK) can you imagine fred perry or lyle and scott starting to make football shirts? Its a big gamble, part of me is glad that the club is trying something different and at the same time companies are still seeing us as a launch pad to do something exciting

I think UA potentially saw us as the sane and it failed, hopefully this wont 

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Luke 1977 clothes look like it should be sold in Matalan. Oh well, At least it's something a bit different.

Just checked his website! Designer gear? this stuff on his website looks even chavvier than Henley's clothes.

I like that it's innovative, I like that it's being designed by someone that is a Villa fan, I also like that it's someone for whom this will be a big thing, it will matter to Luke1977 more than it does to say Nike or Adidas. I'm hopeful on the fanatics production deal and that it might mean good availability and early availability.  The only thing I can't figure out yet is if it achieves the number one role of a replica shirt (or indeed most things) for a modern football club - does it make lots of money we can spend on player wages?

I'd just like a claret and blue shirt that makes the club a lot of money please. 

• Like 2

Â