Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Aston Villa's large fanbase but lowly position make it a less risky and less expensive entree

for starters, Bloomberg need to spell check their articles.

• Like 1

They were meant to use the word "entree", the only thing missing is the accented letter to make it "entrée" which means "right to enter or join a group". When they say "less expensive entree to English football" they are using the correct word even if it does come off as being pretentious for no reason. 

PS. If that's not the mistake they made forgive me, I have had 2 hours sleep in the last 48 hours.

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

They were meant to use the word "entree", the only thing missing is the accented letter to make it "entrée" which means "right to enter or join a group". When they say "less expensive entree to English football" they are using the correct word even if it does come off as being pretentious for no reason. 

PS. If that's not the mistake they made forgive me, I have had 2 hours sleep in the last 48 hours.

that’s the mistake, the missing accent having chosen that word and the dubious choice of the word instead of ‘entry’ in the first place.

Moreover, it was an excuse for a pun.

Bought full kit for my little one a few weeks ago as click and collect and forgot all about it. Only rememberedbecause I got an email to review the experience. 

Ive never had an email to confirm it's ready to collect and been so busy forgot I bought it. A bit annoying I have to chase this up now. Should have just paid for delivery.

On 30/04/2018 at 08:13, Daweii said:

How’s you’re moonlighting between surgeon and airline pilot going?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Someone behind the scenes at our club is colour blind.  Black shorts with the claret and blue shirts today.  So naff.

Think it’s because Millwall he white shorts but I agree we would have been better switching to blue or even claret shorts 

Yet in the Premier League WBA v Spurs was a kit clash and very difficult to watch - with WBA in white and dark blue striped shirt with white shorts and dark blue socks, playing against Spurs with a white top, dark blue shorts and white socks. There was a clip with the referee sending a signal to the bench tugging his shirt then pointing at the opposing players gesturing there was a kit clash but they just carried on. 

On 06/05/2018 at 20:36, Keyblade said:

I thought it looked good. But then again, I am colourblind :D

Seriously though, our kits look much better with darker shorts. Would love to see us play with claret shorts more often.

I've always liked black shorts with the claret and blue shirt.  I am also colourblind :)

14 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

This.

It wasn't a last minute fashion choice. 

But that’s the thing, the fixtures came out last June so quite a bit of time to plan for some blue shorts.  We could have used last year’s.

I also found it irritating that the U23s had to wear all black against Swansea in the Premier League Cup final.  (Same at Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday away  in the Championship, neither of whom wore their away kit at our home ground.)

Stick some blue shorts with the rest of the home kit and then we look like Villa.  Though personally I have never been unable to understand the problem with both teams wearing the same colour shorts.

Edited by Stephen_Evans

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

But that’s the thing, the fixtures came out last June so quite a bit of time to plan for some blue shorts.  We could have used last year’s.

I also found it irritating that the U23s had to wear all black against Swansea in the Premier League Cup final.  (Same at Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday away  in the Championship, neither of whom wore their away kit at our home ground.)

Stick some blue shorts with the rest of the home kit and then we look like Villa.  Though personally I have never been unable to understand the problem with both teams wearing the same colour shorts.

It’s probably as simple as we took the full home kit with white shorts either thinking it would be fine as teams are sometimes allowed to play  with the same colour shorts if the rest is different.

It’s the referees discretion so he likely asked us to use different shorts and all we had brought was black - possibly we had the full away kit but it would have taken too long to do a full swap.

Edited by a m ole

10 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

It’s probably as simple as we took the full home kit with white shorts either thinking it would be fine as teams are sometimes allowed to play  with the same colour shorts if the rest is different.

It’s the referees discretion so he likely asked us to use different shorts and all we had brought was black - possibly we had the full away kit but it would have taken too long to do a full swap.

Yep, things like this are usually a last minute refereeing decision.

It's likely we took our usual home kit and the ref saw the kits and said "Those shorts are a clash, you need to change them". We had the away kit but that would have clashed with Milwall's dark blue home strip. So we ended up with home top and away shorts.

I'm positive it wasn't a fashion decision :) 

Edited by Stevo985

At the game I found it difficult to see the difference between the shirts in some areas of the pitch so if both teams were also wearing white shorts it would have been even harder.

Their home shirt is such a dark shade of blue that the away kit would have been worse.

The best choice would have been for them to wear their white away shirt but obviously wasn't going to happen.

Edited by sexbelowsound

10 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’m always happy to blame the referee! Will never forget that fiasco against West Ham at home in 2009!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â