Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

I am amazed an owner has not challenged FFP with freedom of trade or something I mean Bosman did for players so an owner with billions could argue they should be able to spend their money how they see fit.  As long as they did not saddle a club with debt what is the big deal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I am amazed an owner has not challenged FFP with freedom of trade or something I mean Bosman did for players so an owner with billions could argue they should be able to spend their money how they see fit.  As long as they did not saddle a club with debt what is the big deal.

I'm pretty sure Man City and a few other clubs brought a case against UEFA in Belgium about FFP. That's probably UEFA don't really enforce the FFP rules anymore because they know the rules are illegal..

• 2 weeks later...

Website says it will be revealed at some point in July and will feature a visible nod to William McGregor. 

Creative Director Luke Roper referenced the “famous colours of claret and blue” as he agreed our innovative kit partnership in April. 

Club officials have already moved to ensure the new kit will feature a darker shade of claret. 

The 2018/19 kit will also feature a visible nod to William McGregor, the man who inspired the concept of league football. In 1888 – exactly 130 years ago – Villa took their place as founder members of the Football League, thanks to his vision. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/04/what-we-know-so-far-about-the-2018-19-season

Why do we always take so long at these things. Just once I was hoping we would be one of the first clubs to get the kit out early. Its not fun always being the last at this. 

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Why do we always take so long at these things. Just once I was hoping we would be one of the first clubs to get the kit out early. Its not fun always being the last at this. 

We won't be able to launch the kit until the deals with Unibet and Under Armour expire. I assume the end date of those deals is in July. If the kit maker and shirt sponsor is staying the same, like Liverpool's, then you can launch your new kit in May. 

Edited by villa89

24 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Is this our new kit? Some dude on instagram seems to think so...

33248150_1940695876240426_18739603479713

Where's the notable nod to William McGregor? Don't think this is the kit. It will be textures, we saw a bit if that on the os. Also on the avfc shop the header banner has some material that could be it. That said the terrible luke lion looks better than I feared on that image. We don't get to see it until in July, booooo!!! 

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Is this our new kit? Some dude on instagram seems to think so...

33248150_1940695876240426_18739603479713

Doubtful, looks like it's been made (badly) in photoshop.

2 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

I'll scoff a ginger pubes sandwich and shit out a fox if that's our new shirt.

Have to admit I've never heard that phrase before - but I like it .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â