Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

5 hours ago, villarocker said:

Sounds like the kit will be available earlier this year. That would be a good start!

Won’t be until July due to the UA deal ending June 30th. At least that’s my thinking. 

Being available for holidays seems to please some people so some good news I guess 

31 minutes ago, deeps said:

Won’t be until July due to the UA deal ending June 30th. At least that’s my thinking. 

Being available for holidays seems to please some people so some good news I guess 

Doesn’t unveiling it come under the same embargo? When does the Unibet deal finish? 

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That Luke logo goes against pretty much everything I can think of in terms of good logo design.

It's not recognisable, doesn't scale well, overly complicated etc. In the mock ups above it looks like a black smear.

I really couldn't give a toss about the strip as long as it's claret and blue, but I do know a little about logo design and you're absolutely right. Maybe they will come up with a text-based logo instead, because from any distance at all that one's going to look as much like a poo smear as a logo. 

• Haha 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I really couldn't give a toss about the strip as long as it's claret and blue, but I do know a little about logo design and you're absolutely right. Maybe they will come up with a text-based logo instead, because from any distance at all that one's going to look as much like a poo smear as a logo. 

Yep, you went with what I was trying to avoid saying. :crylaugh:

Any background to their logo? Was it designed by his kids or something?

It's a bit of a mess, can't really make out what it's supposed to be. Some sort of hairy blob with a long tongue.

Hopefully having a Villa fan designing the kit's they'll end up looking good thou.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Any background to their logo? Was it designed by his kids or something?

It's a bit of a mess, can't really make out what it's supposed to be. Some sort of hairy blob with a long tongue.

Hopefully having a Villa fan designing the kit's they'll end up looking good thou.

Is it a lion with a crown and a tongue? It’s so hard to see, especially with the scratchy white stitiching around it which is hope is lazy photoshopping but worry is the real thing. 

Reminds me of something... is it an airline logo or a bank logo? Maybe I’ll remember the more I look at it.

36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Is it a lion with a crown and a tongue? It’s so hard to see, especially with the scratchy white stitiching around it which is hope is lazy photoshopping but worry is the real thing. 

Reminds me of something... is it an airline logo or a bank logo? Maybe I’ll remember the more I look at it.

Agip

• Like 1

Â