Lewis Grabban

KJT123

On 04/05/2018 at 17:13, carewjust4u said:

I am sure that Brighton and Huddersfield fans had similar concerns, and both have survived. I'd bring Grabban in, the lad has done well since we brought him into the side.

this, plus I think we'd benefit from the momentum of having been winning a lot of games to get there versus teams like us when we were in the prem just barely hanging on by a thread and expecting losses week after week. that can punish teams over time as we all know.

• Like 1

Would still start the next game for me!  Kodjia is still probably walking home and I wouldn't want Hogan starting.   I would consider having Davis on the bench though in place of one of the other two.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Needed more help from adomah. One striker cant be expected to close down and put a line of 4 under pressure.

Problem is Adomah was busy helping keep Traore out of the game. I'm not sure that we could have done things much differently for a better result to be honest. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, a m ole said:

It was a game plan that made being a lone forward a helpless task. Maybe him and Kodjia could have done more but that was a tough one to do much of anything in. It was the right call too.

Totally agree with you - I'm sure he would feel frustrated as well - however sometimes I guess in football the work you do without the ball can be just as important as work on the ball - it's just that it goes pretty much unnoticed for most parts

Agree he had a tough role but notwithstanding that he had a poor game. Easily bullied, posed no threat at all - very unlike previous games where he has proven a handful in a similar role.

His feeble effort second half, from a golden opportunity, looks worse every time I se it.

Wasnt at the races at all, and with Albert similarly AWOL going forward it made it easy for Boro to peg us back Second Half. 

He can do much better, we’ve seen that, and I’m sure he will Tuesday. 

Interesting decision he made earlier today. He could have played in the two to his left, chose to hold it up and take a long distance shot.

Forced a save and would not be saying this had he scored, but he probably should've played in one of his teammates.

He took a pot shot because Snodgrass was down. Rather than kick it out, he had a dig to try and get a corner, or score.

I like watching him, a smart player.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He took a pot shot because Snodgrass was down. Rather than kick it out, he had a dig to try and get a corner, or score.

I like watching him, a smart player.

It wasn't smart though, the right winger was on the floor so instead of looking to the left where two players were he turned back to his right where no one was. It was terrible awareness and fortunately his shot at least got us a corner. 

I think he has been very poor the last two games. For me now i'm not sure i'd start him at wembley. 

• Like 1

Unlucky not to score the tap in. I feel harsh saying this but I'd be really tempted to start Kodija for the final. Grabban has done fantastic I just feel Kodija on his day is unplayable. Just gotta hope that Kodija turns up as he is plays better at home than away. 

He's offered us so much this season but he has been poor the last two games. However, he has worked hard. I would be tempted to start Kodjia but then again I think Grabban would play better against Fulham's defence. 

14 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yeah, I'd prefer 2 up front for the final.

I cannot emphasise how much I would not prefer that.

We aren't good playing 4-4-2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I cannot emphasise how much I would not prefer that.

We aren't good playing 4-4-2

Yep.

Switching formation for the final would be suicide. It would also prevent our best player having an impact. 

Thankfully, there is no chance of this happening. 

• Like 2

Â