Lewis Grabban

KJT123

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Bruce ball does not suit a striker who isn't extremely comfortable playing with his back to goal. Grabban up top with Bruce in charge is not a very good striker. I don't blame him. 

Still has fitted Bruceball far more than Scott Hogan.

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Bruce ball does not suit a striker who isn't extremely comfortable playing with his back to goal. Grabban up top with Bruce in charge is not a very good striker. I don't blame him. 

No excuse for his lack of movement and application today, barely tried, that is 100% on him not Bruce.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd still have him but he is shit as a lone striker

He was fine playing that role v Wolves and in a few other games I've seen. Hasn't been on it last few weeks but Kodjia hasn't been fit for 90 minutes so it is what it is.

More disappointed in what Adomah and especially Snodgrass offered as attacking threats today. Some of their decision making in the final third was hopeless and we know both are better than that.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

He was fine playing that role v Wolves and in a few other games I've seen. Hasn't been on it last few weeks but Kodjia hasn't been fit for 90 minutes so it is what it is.

More disappointed in what Adomah and especially Snodgrass offered as attacking threats today. Some of their decision making in the final third was hopeless and we know both are better than that.

Adomah has been absolute shite going forward for months, Snodgrass for at least a month, not good enough from either. Adomah shouldn't expect to be starting next season IMO.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Agree about those two. Snodgrass has been poor in some big games. As for adomah im sick to death of the 2018 adomah. Has been shit

The bit that wound me up with Grabban was late on when Adomah crossed for that Hogan header that went wide. When Adomah got the ball, Grabban had acres to make a run into the box away from the defender, for Adomah to slip him in, but he ambled into the centre of the box staying marked. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Could put it down to tiredness but he's looked like that in all our last three games. Should have come off at half time for Kodjia.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I agree, Adomah has been parts since xmas bar the SHA goal. My left field choice for today would've been to take him out and put Kodjia on the left.

Apparently one of the criticisms Boro fans had of Adomah was that he would only play for half a season. I think over the last few months he had ran out of steam.

As for Grabban this is clearly his level and I guess we could take him again for next season. With Kodjia back though and RHM and Davis to bring through I wouldn't bother.

• 1 month later...

Meaning Evil trying to suggest Bluescum are in for him.

It's so embarrassing, it's John Terry and Maradonna all over again.  They will probably be setting their sights lower than us!

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Meaning Evil trying to suggest Bluescum are in for him.

It's so embarrassing, it's John Terry and Maradonna all over again.  They will probably be setting their sights lower than us!

The Birmingham Mai! was once a newspaper that reported football news. It now lives to annoy us with stories like this. Small Heath would love to sign him in an attempt to make them look the bigger club but a lack of money and FFP is likely to stop that happening along with the preference of the player to go almost anywhere else.

• Like 1

Objectively he'd be a good signing for us as he's a good goal scorer at this level, however I have little appetite to see him in a Villa shirt again after that awful play off final performance, lacking in quality and effort.

He scores goals but is very limited. Blows hot and cold which is a shame as he can score goals and look a menace one week then look completely uninterested the following week. He was dreadful in the final.

Forest have had a 6 million bid accepted, Pennies really for a 20+ goal per season striker, especially when you think that we have paid 4/5 times that for Hogan & McCormack.

People in charge of our transfer negotiations over the past few years were completely incompetent

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â