Lewis Grabban

KJT123

He's a good striker at this level. 1 goal in 24 Premier League appearances, though. He's had a few cracks at it and shown he's not up to it at that level, I wouldn't be keen on signing him if we go up. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Grabban is destroying any defence hogan had. 

He offers so so much more than Hogan. 

In fact I can’t think of anything Hogan does better than Grabban. 

• Like 3

The only thing that slightly baffles me is how Bruce pushes Grabban to the left when he introduces Kodjia. Not that i don't think he does a job from left, but he is far more dangerous centrally, and I've always thought Kodjia operates better from the left anyway. 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He's a good striker at this level. 1 goal in 24 Premier League appearances, though. He's had a few cracks at it and shown he's not up to it at that level, I wouldn't be keen on signing him if we go up. 

For £5m-£7m he'd be worth a punt at Premier League level as I think he'd be decent back up, anymore than that would be ridiculous though and if we do go up we absolutely need to be looking at a lot better than Grabban to lead the line.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Maybe but Glenn Murray had a couple of cracks before getting it right this season. I would sign him for right price as a squad player if go up as I do like his clever play

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe but Glenn Murray had a couple of cracks before getting it right this season. I would sign him for right price as a squad player if go up as I do like his clever play

Not a bad shout at all but I doubt Brighton would let him go and he is knocking on

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not a bad shout at all but I doubt Brighton would let him go and he is knocking on

I think Zatman was referring to signing Grabban mate. 

On 29/04/2018 at 11:01, av1 said:

The only thing that slightly baffles me is how Bruce pushes Grabban to the left when he introduces Kodjia. Not that i don't think he does a job from left, but he is far more dangerous centrally, and I've always thought Kodjia operates better from the left anyway. 

It’sprobably something they’ve tried out in training and decided that’s the most effective combo.

He is so much better on the ball then I initially thought. I would definitely spend the money on him as I think with a manager who backs him and a team who plays to his strengths he could get goals in the PL.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

It’sprobably something they’ve tried out in training and decided that’s the most effective combo.

Unlikely - we don’t try anything other than kicking the ball as far as we can :)in training didn’t you know 

• Haha 1

To sign him we would have to sell Hogan and we would be lucky to get £6m for him. If we stay in the championship then it's likely that we will be stuck with Hogan again next season. 

I don't think he would score a great deal at PL level, but I think he is a good enough football to play a role should we get there. His all round game is surprisingly decent, Clever player, good on the ball. I think he could fill in anywhere across the front 3 and provide decent options if we need to change things up.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he would score a great deal at PL level, but I think he is a good enough football to play a role should we get there. His all round game is surprisingly decent, Clever player, good on the ball. I think he could fill in anywhere across the front 3 and provide decent options if we need to change things up.

I know he has got a few goals for us up top but I think he looks a lot more dangerous in deeper role. His passing is very very good

If we go up, we will need much better than Grabben. And I would be unconvinced by Kodjia at a higher level. Hogan and McCormack in the PL- nope.

That is where we need to spend our pennies if we go up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If we go up, we will need much better than Grabben. And I would be unconvinced by Kodjia at a higher level. Hogan and McCormack in the PL- nope.

That is where we need to spend our pennies if we go up.

We would also need to buy midfielders, wingers, full backs and centre backs. It's not just our strikers that aren't good enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

We would also need to buy midfielders, wingers, full backs and centre backs. It's not just our strikers that aren't good enough.

Oh, I agree, but the strikers are always the really big money.

For the PL, Grealish and Chester are all we really have, in my opinion.

Get shot of all the loanees, apart from Johnstone (possibly).

Our recent buying has left us with a number of older players who would clearly not be any use for the rigours of the Pl, as they are just about managing in the CH.

Adomah is the only one might cut it in the PL.

The young guys: Green, O'Hare, Hepburn-Murphy, Doyle-Hayes: they have not had enough playing time to judge, but possibly good enough for the lower reaches of the PL, where we will be.

A big task ahead if we are promoted, villa89.

Hopefully Xia is up for it.

• Like 1

The only players I'd be confident of making the step up to the PL are Chester, Jack & Snoddy (only a loan). 

Our forwards are unproven and none of them have really made a claim to be good enough this year, or their records in the PL look bad. 

We need new everything almost, which is never good because lots of new players rarely works out anyway.  It's one of the reasons I'm a bit nervous of actually going up (not that I don't want us to). 

Â