Lewis Grabban

KJT123

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I cannot emphasise how much I would not prefer that.

We aren't good playing 4-4-2

Fair point..... I just thought grabban looked isolated quite a few times last night with no one alongside him esp when we cleared from defence. 

Little support, and no service.

When he did get a chance, he did his job right and hit the target.

I don't hold him responsible for his lack of involvement, we had tactics to play to, and those tactics have got us to the final.  

I have to say though, when Kodjia did come on.. he seemed infinitely better at getting a hold of the ball, holding off the defender, and just allowing our midfielders to get involved.

A fit Kodjia HAS to start for me if we are planning on a similar tactic in the final, but fit he is not.

Grabban is by far and away the most likely to score out of the rest of our boys up front, so I'd have to go with him to start.

I agree with what someone else said Davies is a better option than Hogan on the bench.

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Might not mean anything but I found it interesting that the Grabban shirts are the only player-related items in the sale on the OS.

It possibly means that his shirt didn't sell well.

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

It possibly means that his shirt didn't sell well.

No surprise given that he is only here on loan for 6 months. I feel sorry for him because he can't hold the ball up and they way we play so deep he's isolated up front and usually on the wrong end of a hoof up the pitch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No surprise given that he is only here on loan for 6 months. I feel sorry for him because he can't hold the ball up and they way we play so deep he's isolated up front and usually on the wrong end of a hoof up the pitch.

Hmm. What is it now? 8 goals from 17 appearances? He’s obviously not suffering too much from the way we play. :)

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Hmm. What is it now? 8 goals from 17 appearances? He’s obviously not suffering too much from the way we play. :)

I agree that he's done well and the point I was making, or trying to make, is that I think the criticism he gets on here is unwarranted. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I agree that he's done well and the point I was making, or trying to make, is that I think the criticism he gets on here is unwarranted. 

Ah, sorry - you should have used the “irony” emoji! :)

We are a team where most of our forwards just don't thrive ESPECIALLY against the better clubs in this division. We're just not a super attacking free flowing team. The reason why Kodjia was so great last season had a lot to do with Kodjia just because great. We weren't creating 4-5 chances for him each match for him to finish. Our forwards typically have to work, and hope they can get on the end of a cross, or find a scrappy goal in the box. Grabban has done that a few times for us already. 

He still starts for me in the final, but I want to see him hustling a lot more. He needs to carry the same energy as the guys around him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's hard to be up top by yourself for the most part but his work today was disgraceful. He offered zero energy and applied virtually no pressure to their back line throughout. His touch on the ball was often poor and had a great chance to lay the ball to Grealish on the edge and took an age to do it, destroying the chance for us. Whilst he's prolific at this level I'm not sure I have much appetite to see him play for us again after today.

Bruce ball does not suit a striker who isn't extremely comfortable playing with his back to goal. Grabban up top with Bruce in charge is not a very good striker. I don't blame him. 

52 minutes ago, supermon said:

Despite today, i think we need to sign him for next year, he'll get goals

I agree. He lost form end of season but when the alternatives were half fit Kodjia and Hogan no wonder he still started.

He's shown since he came here he can score plenty against the weaker teams so we'll need a striker who can score in the bread and butter games so probably the best bet if Bournemouth don't want a stupid fee.

• Like 2

Â