Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Problem is that it's another loan. If he turns out to be a good player we get nothing out of developing him. If we had the money ideally we would sign him with a buyback clause for Man Utd. but I guess with FFP we can't afford him.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Mings, Hause, Axel, Chester, Elphick is a pretty good CB lineup going into next season even if we are in the PL considering 2 of them can play fullback (in Hauses case, very well).

Think we should prob let Elphick go with his 30k contract being up.

36 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Problem is that it's another loan. If he turns out to be a good player we get nothing out of developing him. If we had the money ideally we would sign him with a buyback clause for Man Utd. but I guess with FFP we can't afford him.

The bonus is it's one position we don't have to spend money on next season.

With FFP we will have a small pot of money to strengthen the squad. If we remain in the Championship next season we will largely be relying on loans and loans to buys again.

The following season we can then invest in a centre back.

Mings, Hause, Tuanzebe, Chester would be a fantastic selection for the centre back positions.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Think we should prob let Elphick go with his 30k contract being up.

I imagine we will renegotiate with him to get that to 15-20k. Elphick is a good player to have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Not sure if true but someone says he would be out of contract after next year, meaning available for free.

That being said, can't picture Man U not offering him a long term.

I'm pretty sure if and its a big if grealish goes in the summer, I think w ewill bid for Mings therefore having him hause and axel next year along with Chester and that is a very solid back four if we don't go up 

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it’s true it’s good to see we are already preparing for next season if we don’t go up. 

Yeah I thought that, and what with that French fella coming here in summer we're getting things done well early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if true but someone says he would be out of contract after next year, meaning available for free.

That being said, can't picture Man U not offering him a long term.

According to transfermarkt his contract does expire next season, so as long as United don't offer him a new one it's a no brainer to get him in on loan for his final year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

According to transfermarkt his contract does expire next season, so as long as United don't offer him a new one it's a no brainer to get him in on loan for his final year.

Surely they'd be better off selling him if that's the case.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Seems a very odd time to announce this.  I'm not believing this at the moment. 

Unless United are planning a big defender transfer for summer which i think they are

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Mings, Hause, Axel, Chester, Elphick is a pretty good CB lineup going into next season even if we are in the PL considering 2 of them can play fullback (in Hauses case, very well).

Steve Bruce dream type of back line. Hutton and Taylor make up rest of back 7😉

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Unless United are planning a big defender transfer for summer which i think they are

OK, but then you announce this once that deals signed. It could fall through at any time with the manager running down the motorway after his car. 

Â