Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

• 2 weeks later...

Get him back in, partner him with Mings. Move Hause to LB. Make this team formidable. Show these young men they have a future with a big club at the top level.

We've got McGinn and Grealish in midfield. Abraham up front. That's a young and extremely talented spine with Premier League written all over it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Get him back in, partner him with Mings. Move Hause to LB. Make this team formidable. Show these young men they have a future with a big club at the top level.

We've got McGinn and Grealish in midfield. Abraham up front. That's a young and extremely talented spine with Premier League written all over it.

Agreed wholeheartedly 

28 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

No chance you can drop Taylor right now, he's playing the best football I've seen him play in the past two seasons.

Tuanzebe looked rusty when he came on on Saturday. This isn't a point in the season you can be changing a back line that has only conceded 3 goals in 6 games.

Granted if Hause's injury keeps him out tomorrow then Tuanzebe is a shoe in and I'm sure he will step back up to the form we saw earlier in the season.

Well it would seem Dean Smith would agree with you, and I'll take his perspective as more qualified than mine.

However, I see it like this, commendable as his efforts have been, Taylor absolutely can be dropped. Just like Hourihane has had to sit out, despite hefty contribution to our tallies.

If we can introduce a dynamic that gives the team a greater edge over our opponents in some way, then by all means we should employ that strategy.

Tuanzebe and Mings are both fantastic on the ball. Hause has been a bright light at LB in matches that ended with poor outcomes, through not fault of his own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Shame only 2 of those players you mention actually belong to us! 

Why drop Taylor?

Why should we risk playing 3 cb's yet again when we don't have to? What if one get injured again, surely much safer to have a available cb on the bench in cas something happens.

I absolutely don't agree at all with Hause at lb. You lot are talking nonsense, Taylor is playing well, i don't think Smith is this stupid.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

Shame only 2 of those players you mention actually belong to us! 

Yes, I am aware of that.

What I am alluding to is that if we cultivate a successful team with them, then playing for this club might become a more attractive prospect than returning to their parent club.

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why drop Taylor?

Why should we risk playing 3 cb's yet again when we don't have to? What if one get injured again, surely much safer to have a available cb on the bench in cas something happens.

I absolutely don't agree at all with Hause at lb. You lot are talking nonsense, Taylor is playing well, i don't think Smith is this stupid.

You play your best team. I am suggesting that Hause's performances at LB were good enough to earn him that place.

Would you call Barcelona stupid for playing Mascherano at CB when he was traditionally a DM? What about Gary Medel too, was that also stupidity?

Hause is not unfamiliar with playing at LB. He was quite impressive at times once he grew into the role.

Due to their ability on the ball and ability to read the game, I think Tuanzebe and Mings are our ideal partnership at CB.

I'm not knocking Taylor, I'm just suggesting there's competition.

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Would you call Barcelona stupid for playing Mascherano at CB when he was traditionally a DM? What about Gary Medel too, was that also stupidity?

I would think they had cover for the cb position on the bench, we don't.

If we had all our centre backs fit i could see a case for it, but right now your idea is just stupid and a unnecessary risk.

Yea play all our remaining cb in the starting eleven and risk having to play fullbacks as centre backs in a potential play off final. Just stupid.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I would think they had cover for the cb position on the bench, we don't.

If we had all our centre backs fit i could see a case for it, but right now your idea is just stupid and a unnecessary risk.

Yea play all our remaining cb in the starting eleven and risk having to play fullbacks as centre backs in a potential play off final. Just stupid.

My mistake. I was unaware Elphick was out for some weeks to come.

• Like 1

With Axel, Tyrone and Kortney, dare I say our centre backs are better than what we had last time in the Premier League?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AJ said:

With Axel, Tyrone and Kortney, dare I say our centre backs are better than what we had last time in the Premier League?

Mings / Hause / Tuanzebe / Chester / Elphick

or

Lescott / Richards / Okore / Clark

I know which ones I would rather have!

1 hour ago, AJ said:

By a mile. Richards and Lescott ffs. Makes me angry just thinking about it 😂

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Worrying thing is they are all loan players.

We might lose all of them next season if we don't go up.

25 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Mings / Hause / Tuanzebe / Chester / Elphick

or

Lescott / Richards / Okore / Clark

I know which ones I would rather have!

Agreed. Although I loved Okore. He would have been great had it not been for that knee injury then he seemed to be treated terribly by those in charge at the time. A great shame. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJ said:

It's actually better than quite a lot of current PL teams'.

Axel will be on loan next season, I think we will sign Hause whatever league we are in, Mings will, imho , only stay here if we go up and sign him permanently. I think Alex T and Hause, at the very least, would be a very good partnership anyway

Â