Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

It would be an act of lunacy to change this defence with how it's performed the past bunch of games.

If Smith changed the defence and we then went on to lost, you would only have those pop back up and start questioning him again, it would just get them ammunition. I think Smith knows that if he keeps it to what won him the last 4 games then if we did lose unchanged there can be no real complaints with heavy ammo thrown at him.

You don't change your winning horse races for anything, not unless you plan on risking the race.

Also while we are winning with this team, it makes no sense to change, it's not as if we can go from winning to oh yeah winning, there is nothing better than winning games untill we win promotion.

• Like 1

I agree very much with the approach of don’t change a defence that is working. But over in the Hause thread people tell me he is playing “out of position” - and that explains his moments of clumsiness and potentially disastrous mistakes.

So I would have thought there should be a plan - however gradual - to reintroduce Axel at CB if he can play there better than Hause.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Tough call to change it, but defence of Hause as left back, Mings left side centre half, Axel right side centre half and Elmo right back would be pretty awesome imo

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 1

If there's a way to get Taylor out of the team I'm all for it. Problem is that there isn't a natural LB to replace him. Also Elmo can't be trusted to play well. He has shown throughout his time here that he isn't consistent. 

Edited by villa89

I think Axel will start from the bench, we've looked solid and don't need a change baring fatigue or injury. It's a great option to have in reserve and IF we make the play-offs then he should be fully fit by then and I couldn't see anyone physically beating him, Mings and Hause in any combination.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

you said after we beat Derby we should have changed the team :detect:

Midfielders are much easier to rotate than the defense.

Axel been out for months and is not matchfit. I would never change a working and settled back 4.

Throwing Axel in there is too big of a risk. Again he is not match fit and i do not see any benefits taking risks like that during this critical part of the season.

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

If there's a way to get Taylor out of the team I'm all for it. Problem is that there isn't a natural LB to replace him. Also Elmo can't be trusted to play well. He has shown throughout his time here that he isn't consistent. 

Throughout his time here he had had one month where he played very poorly and even then he was right back one week and right midfield the next. 

Have we had any confirmation if he is actually fit to be selected for Sat? If he's fit to play, he gives us some options across the back 4 which we haven't really had all season. I prob wouldn't bring him straight back in for Taylor, but I'd be tempted and not at all surprised if Smith does. Does anyone know if he is going to be in the Match day squad?? 

The only thing with Tuanzebe is a other loan player will habe to miss out for him to be in the squad.

I imagine the player to miss out would be Carroll, which is a pity tbh I would have liked to see him in action a bit more 

Â