Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Jack's absence is by far the most influential factor though. Not Axel.

Axel's done really well, and he'll undoubtedly help the defence if he were back.

But having Tuanzebe fit wouldn't have magically made us beat Wigan.

Jack absolutely.

Wigan, probably. Too many were off that day.

We might have got two wins out of the Preston/QPR/Hull matches though.

• Like 1

We really should just buy this guy, he's been a neck of a solid player for us. If he's still turning out great shows for us when he comes back I'd say must buy if can stay injury free for rest of the season.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We really should just buy this guy, he's been a neck of a solid player for us. If he's still turning out great shows for us when he comes back I'd say must buy if can stay injury free for rest of the season.

Would be lovely mate but United have high hopes for him and if he were to leave thered be plenty of takers in the Prem id have thought. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Would be lovely mate but United have high hopes for him and if he were to leave thered be plenty of takers in the Prem id have thought. 

I don't know I mean he's not been able to make the first team under last manager, we've got him because he fell out of favour there rite. I didn't think they would let foresters go but they did do for as cheap as 5 million.

Shame there wasn't a loan to buy on the contract.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I don't know I mean he's not been able to make the first team under last manager, we've got him because he fell out of favour there rite. I didn't think they would let foresters go but they did do for as cheap as 5 million.

Shame there wasn't a loan to buy on the contract.

I don't think he's at Aston Villa because Man Utd don't rate him, I think he was sent to Villa because Jose Mourinho has no idea how to nurture talent and always tries to pawn off prospects on other teams to do the heavy lifting for him.  If Tuanzebe was playing in Scotland or League One like some of United's loaned out players, I'd worry about him making it.  The fact they sent him to a big club that had a shot at promotion at the start of the season tells me they wanted him to get first team experience, with the possibility of a promotion push, in order to get him used to playing in important matches with higher stakes.  Now that Mourinho is gone, and United are either going to hire OGS or bring in someone like (hopefully) Pochettino, I think they will give their home grown products a few more chances going forward, even if they turn out to not make the grade.  

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Random Observer said:

I don't think he's at Aston Villa because Man Utd don't rate him, I think he was sent to Villa because Jose Mourinho has no idea how to nurture talent and always tries to pawn off prospects on other teams to do the heavy lifting for him.  If Tuanzebe was playing in Scotland or League One like some of United's loaned out players, I'd worry about him making it.  The fact they sent him to a big club that had a shot at promotion at the start of the season tells me they wanted him to get first team experience, with the possibility of a promotion push, in order to get him used to playing in important matches with higher stakes.  Now that Mourinho is gone, and United are either going to hire OGS or bring in someone like (hopefully) Pochettino, I think they will give their home grown products a few more chances going forward, even if they turn out to not make the grade.  

Very much this.

A, To aide his development further as Jose at the time could not fit him into his plans and B, like stated preferred other teams to the aide of development.

It was to our advantage that Jose was in charge (same as Sam Johnstone) that we stood a chance of getting Sam and also at some point possibly Axel.

Sadly, as it's always been feared that a new manager coming in will realise how good and what potential Axel has and will not be willing to let him go. OGS arriving has momentarily halted this happening but again it all depends if he is awarded the job on a full time basis, if he is, then I doubt we will see Axel being signed combined with the fact that we also do not make it to the Premier League ourselves.

Shit but that's the reality of where were at on this one unfortunately.

UTD's defence is poor, it's an area I expect them to spend big on so I don't see Tuanzebe getting much of shot there. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

UTD's defence is poor, it's an area I expect them to spend big on so I don't see Tuanzebe getting much of shot there. 

Ironically we have one of their best upcoming defenders.

I hope we manage to pull him off eventually as I have stated endless times the lad has a massive future and is going to be one the greats of the game imo.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ironically we have one of their best upcoming defenders.

I hope we manage to pull him off eventually as I have stated endless times the lad has a massive future and is going to be one the greats of the game imo.

He will be a very good player, seems to have the lot for a modern central defender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I think United will bring in one CB in the summer, hopefully Koulibaly, and sell Jones and Rojo.  They'll go forward with Koulibaly/summer signing, Lindelof, Bailly and Smalling as their main 4 defenders and probably attempt to loan Axel out to a Premier League club for a "final test" in his development to see if he can handle the top flight.  

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hurry up mate.

Him and Mings could potentially be an outstanding CB pairing.

I'm hoping he can go into defensive midfield and rid us of Whelan/Jed/Hourihane.  Chester should hopefully play better with a unit like Mings alongside him.

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm hoping he can go into defensive midfield and rid us of Whelan/Jed/Hourihane.  Chester should hopefully play better with a unit like Mings alongside him.

I've actually thought Tuanzebe could excel in that role myself from the beginning.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2019 at 15:58, av1 said:

This is my take on it too.

utd will be looking to spend big in defence. Will pretty much kill off any hopes of him there.  We need to get his head turned and pretty much demand a move to us.

Whilst he’s been pretty good for us in the championship, he’s way off champions league level in my opinion - which is what Utd are looking for.

Â