Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Guest av1
2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He loves it here, Axel is settled and loves life at Villa, think if were promoted he will be ours.

No one thought that Man Utd would sell Johnstone but they did, I think they would do so with Tuanzebe as well if the price is right.

Axel is a million miles away from a starting spot at UTD. He is currently behind Bailey and Linderloff (sp?) and they are no doubt going to spend a gazillion pound on the defence in the summer. 

He's no where near a million miles away. Bailly, Smalling, Jones and Rojo are all terrible. Lindelof is the only good defender United have. 

As of right now Tuanzebe would get into that United side but there's no doubt they'll sign a big defender in the summer. 

I think United will look to have a big clear out in the summer but keep as many of the good characters and home grown talent as they can. I think of all our loan players he's the least likely to sign for us permanently this summer.

My toes and fingers are crossed that we can keep him and Mings, I think they have a very good chance of building on the good work they've already done together to become a legendary partnership.

Image result for handshake gif

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 17:37, av1 said:

Axel is a million miles away from a starting spot at UTD. He is currently behind Bailey and Linderloff (sp?) and they are no doubt going to spend a gazillion pound on the defence in the summer. 

Oh come on man, he would walk into that Utd defence right now.

I believe word got through to Olë to take a closer look at him.

It was only a few seasons back that Man Utd played Arsenal in a fixture where Tuanzebe was in Man Utd's starting XI that day and kept a certain Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal (who was scoring for fun at the time) firmly in his pocket for the entire game.

Axel is more than ready for a first team spot either at Man Utd or a promoted Aston Villa.

I have a feeling Axel will be with United next season, regardless of Villa's league status.  United were planning on spending big on a defender for next season, but what big time defender is going to move to Manchester to play in Europa League? 

They're going to have do deal with what they have (they'll sell/release a couple; Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Valencia) but Smalling and Jones have both signed extensions over the last 2 seasons and Lindelof is the only one that looks like he really belongs at that level right now. 

Sure, United might go after Harry Maguire, but is he really that much better than Axel for the money he would require to be bought? 

I say you give Axel a year to develop at that level and he'll be just as good, if not better than, whatever option they can entice to join them next season.  If they are lucky enough to get their act together and qualify for UCL the following season, they may open up the check book and splash on a big time CB. 

Edited by Random Observer
spacing

Genuinely think he gets underrated in comparison to Jack/Mings/Tammy/McGinn. They're the main 4 and Tuanzebe is probably regarded as the best of the rest but he's right up there in his own right. It's such a shame that he's spent so much of the past two seasons injured as he's improved at a staggering rate with every game he's played. Desperately hope United will go big on a centre back or two in the summer and there's a chance we can keep hold of him. Complete class act.

• Like 3

On 08/05/2019 at 19:43, Random Observer said:

I have a feeling Axel will be with United next season, regardless of Villa's league status.  United were planning on spending big on a defender for next season, but what big time defender is going to move to Manchester to play in Europa League? 

They're going to have do deal with what they have (they'll sell/release a couple; Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Valencia) but Smalling and Jones have both signed extensions over the last 2 seasons and Lindelof is the only one that looks like he really belongs at that level right now.

One of the reason why United aren't in the Champions League now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

I wish they'd spell VillaTalk properly.

Who is this Villa Talk they speak of, and why are 5 VillaTalk members mascarading around on their site. Outraged!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Ok, we need the Redcafe to show some updated VillaTalk comments for balance: 

He’s slow, poor in possession, can’t head it, can’t tackle.  Certainly no centre half.  Perhaps a right back off the bench at best?  I’d sign him as back up to Hutton and Elmo, but only what we paid them for Lord McGrath.  

😉

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s slow, poor in possession, can’t head it, can’t tackle.  Certainly no centre half.  Perhaps a right back off the bench at best?  I’d sign him as back up to Hutton and Elmo, but only what we paid them for Lord McGrath.  

😉

Yeah he is terrible, he is slow, indecisive and definitely not good at playing it out from the back.

I will be very upset if we try to loan him next season or worse try to purchase him. 

🤠

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

😉

Sad thing is, that would be still be an upgrade on the shite they have,

Thought he was absolutely excellent for us today. With Mings having a bit of a wobble today, Axel led us out from the back like a leader. They’re a great pairing. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Thought he was absolutely excellent for us today. With Mings having a bit of a wobble today, Alex led us out from the back like a leader. They’re a great pairing. 

You clearly didn’t get the memo! Now repeat after me, “He’s slow, can’t tackle, can’t pass and he’s not PL level.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

Genuinely think he gets underrated in comparison to Jack/Mings/Tammy/McGinn. They're the main 4 and Tuanzebe is probably regarded as the best of the rest but he's right up there in his own right. It's such a shame that he's spent so much of the past two seasons injured as he's improved at a staggering rate with every game he's played. Desperately hope United will go big on a centre back or two in the summer and there's a chance we can keep hold of him. Complete class act.

I think its no coincidence that him and jack got injured same time but if both stayed fit we probably be up by now 

• Like 2

Â