Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Word is OGS wants to keep him next season. Really hope we can sign him if we go up. Quality player. 

UTD will spend big on the defensive in the summer and Axel is behind what they already have. Look UTD are still one of the biggest clubs in the world so i understand the appeal, but as good as i think he is, and will become, he isn't going to get much game time at UTD next season. I think he would be stark raving bonkers to not want another loan next year.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mings is getting all the credit but he just strolled through the game today and not in a way Lescott would stroll through games. I think he could go a lot higher up especially with United poor defence

His break from defence into the Leeds box was brilliant

Agreed. But tbf in his Wolves days Lescott would stroll through games ala Tuanzebe.

Still have some small concerns with him, but the way he brings the ball forward from defence is beautiful. Him and Mings are like two extra midfielders.

I still think a fully fit Chester would have a big part to play in this team, but Axel and MIngs as first choice CBs is plenty good enough for this league.

Still seems to have a bizarre weakness misjudging straight long balls which I’ve not really seen from a centre back before. That is one that is very easy to iron out though, and despite all the ball Leeds had around our box yesterday I never once thought we would concede (legitimately...) with 11 men. So nice to have two great centre backs!

Not surprising if true. Hardly the most reliable source perhaps but would make sense.

Get rid of a few expensive CB's, sign a proper one and have Axel as a rotation option.

Manchester United set to give Axel Tuanzebe a chance to prove he can break into the first team this summer

• Axel Tuanzebe has been outstanding in recent weeks while on loan at Aston Villa
  • Man United staff recommended to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he takes closer look
  • United want to see what the centre half can do during their pre-season tour

Manchester United are ready to give Axel Tuanzebe a chance to prove he can break into the first team at Old Trafford this summer.

The 21-year-old has been outstanding in recent weeks while on loan at Aston Villaand United staff have recommended to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he takes a closer look at the young centre back during pre-season.

Tuanzebe has earned more credit as it has not been a perfect season for him at Villa Park.

He endured a difficult start to his loan spell and fractured a bone in his foot just before Christmas. However, he has recovered and blossomed under the tutelage of Dean Smith and coach John Terry, putting in an accomplished performance against Leeds last weekend.

United have had high hopes for Tuanzebe since he joined their academy at the age of eight. Indeed, in 2015, he became the first first-year scholar to captain the U18 side since Gary Neville and was drafted into the first-team squad, though didn't make his debut until January 2017 with Jose Mourinho effusive about his potential.

Now Tuanzebe looks better prepared to make the step up and United want to see what he can do during this summer's tour of Australia, China, and Singapore.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6980447/Man-United-set-Tuanzebe-chance-prove-break-team.html

Edited by sne
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Not surprising if true. Hardly the most reliable source perhaps but would make sense.

Get rid of a few expensive CB's, sign a proper one and have Alex as a rotation option.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6980447/Man-United-set-Tuanzebe-chance-prove-break-team.html

I'm not sure @Xela is up to it to be honest

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure @Xela is up to it to be honest

I see myself as more of a deep lying playmaker now, in a style of Jan Molby. 

• Like 3

On 02/05/2019 at 18:52, TheStagMan said:

Didn't we already have a deal sewn up to loan him next season anyway?

No. That was last season going into this season.

It's shit he could be potentially returning there.

I hope if we win the play-offs we can make a bid for him and keep him here for good.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No. That was last season going into this season.

It's shit he could be potentially returning there.

I hope if we win the play-offs we can make a bid for him and keep him here for good.

Just looked it up. Not as cut and dried as I remembered:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8722690/man-utd-tuanzebe-aston-villa-transfer/

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Just looked it up. Not as cut and dried as I remembered:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8722690/man-utd-tuanzebe-aston-villa-transfer/

Great news if true.

I read last season it also happened due to Axel being injured and they sent him back out for this season to aide his development.

To get him again will be fantastic. I hope we stick in a buy out clause at the end too to make him ours permanently.  :D   

He is settled here, he is very highly rated here and more importantly he is getting gametime and will continue to do so. At his age it's all about getting minutes on the pitch.

I actually think he could be part of that current squad as they have some utter trash, but for his career and his development he would be crazy not to come back here for another season.

He loves it here, Axel is settled and loves life at Villa, think if were promoted he will be ours.

No one thought that Man Utd would sell Johnstone but they did, I think they would do so with Tuanzebe as well if the price is right.

Â