Josh Onomah

skarroki

He isnt what we need. We need fighters who will chase everything.

Hogans not been firing but runs his balls off every game.

Im sure he is probably good enough but just not what we need. 

Couple flicks loses it and stands there is not helping the team and instantly pisses the crowd off.

Jack has added gut busting back tracking to his game and looks 10 times the player now. 

Put in effort and the skill will shine. Dont and you get onomah

I don't get the lack of effort thing from yesterday. He definitely gave the ball away unnecessarily at times, which was my greatest concern but he also got stuck in and was always hassling his man to get the ball - made more tackles than anyone else on the pitch IIRC. 

He can be too casual in possession and he's still not switched on enough in terms of his movement or positioning but I don't think that's a conscious decision. 

• Like 2

How Ian ahead of Lansbury is a complete and utter mystery. If he starts next week I will be fuming.

he has been abysmal. Like sonic said it’s like he thinks this  it’s beneath him, well get lost then. If you can’t cut here you certainly won’t get anywhere near spurs first team. I’ve seen enough, average and over hyped

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair to him, he's just not a Footballer as he's said many times. That said, he should be putting in more effort even if it's not his natural position.

Fixed. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair to him, he's just not a left winger or an attacking midfielder as he's said many times. He's a box to box midfielder. That said, he should be putting in more effort even if it's not his natural position.

The way he gives the ball away so easily makes me think he should never be allowed to receive the ball in a deep position. Ironically, the only time he has looked remotely half decent for us is when he has played on the left. So I really do not buy this 'not playing in his natural position affecting his performances' narrative. At Spurs he never played in his 'natural position' either and we can see why.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The way he gives the ball away so easily makes me think he should never be allowed to receive the ball in a deep position. Ironically, the only time he has looked remotely half decent for us is when he has played on the left. So I really do not buy this 'not playing in his natural position affecting his performances' narrative. At Spurs he never played in his 'natural position' either and we can see why.

I don't remember him playing well for us on the left. The only decent performances I remember was when he was playing as a 10 behind Davis. Though it's been a long time since we've seen a decent performance. 

For what's it's worth I don't think he's lazy but I do think there is something missing in his attitude. He reminds of the type of player who used to turn up for us in the last few years of Prem, a bit of talent but a lack of desire. Th fact this contrasts starkly to the rest of the team actually speaks volumes for Bruce, especially considering where we were under RDM. He may not be a master tactician but he does have his strengths. 

I think Onomah is talented and it's possible he might make a Prem career somewhere. I've seen enough players ruined by Villa only to succeed elsewhere it would be stupid to right him off entirely. What he isn't though is a winger. Clearly Bruce doesn't think OHare can play that position and for what it's worth I've never seen Callum play LW so maybe he's right. 

I think Onomah should be in the team playing a box to box role but given his form the likes of BB, Lansbury deserves a chance ahead of him now not to mention Grealish, Hourihane. As for LW hopefully Grabban has made that his now unless Adomah gets himself fit. Either way hopefully Josh can be taken out the firing line, his confidence looks pretty shot. He seemed to get worse when moved centrally on Sat. 

We can't really afford to carry on playing someone who isn't committed to the cause with the importance of the fixtures coming up during this part of the season.

Even some of the most talented players becomes liabilities when they are not 100 up for it.

And Onomah is decent at this level at best ATM. 

Him backing out of challenges, not making max runs, having lapses in concentration and looking generally not that bothered is going to cost us one of these days. And it likely already has.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I don't get the lack of effort thing from yesterday. He definitely gave the ball away unnecessarily at times, which was my greatest concern but he also got stuck in and was always hassling his man to get the ball - made more tackles than anyone else on the pitch IIRC. 

He can be too casual in possession and he's still not switched on enough in terms of his movement or positioning but I don't think that's a conscious decision. 

Agreed and very well put, but it's much simpler to have a definitive good or bad opinion that people can really get behind.

I think Onomah is similar to tshibola in that neither ever look arsed or motivated and just seem to lethargically stroll around the pitch despite having the physique and ability to impose themselves on the match. 

Imo, it’s more a mental thing than a physical thing stopping Onomah becoming a value asset and guaranteed starter. 

I’d rather us start with bjarnesson and give cal o’hare a go from the bench.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Â